Do you think a persons name reflects how much people will like them as a musician or affects how famous they'll be? Even in the smallest way?

I ask because I've always noticed that generally the most successful musicians have cool, interesting names. Like Axl Rose, Eric Clapton, James Hetfield, Steve Vai, etc. I mean they don't tend to have run of the mill names. Or do you think because they are famous that their names sound cooler and more interesting?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
James, Eric and Steve...yep never met anyone with those names at all
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Vendetta16
James, Eric and Steve...yep never met anyone with those names at all

Well I suppose their last names are more unique but still their names stand out.

Quote by rgrockr

Yeah I know a lot of people change their names (Alice Cooper jumps straight to mind) but then again a lot of people are born with awesome names. That's a point do you personally think your name is 'Rockstar' enough?
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Last edited by Brownerz at May 27, 2011,
No. Yngwie Malmsteen is just as famous as Steve Vai but look at his name. Nicknames like dimebag could hide a really long name like Yngwie's or make it fit the persona better.

Just think of it this way, Dimebag Darrell, Diamond Darrell. See what I mean?
Phil Collins
Peter Gabriel

Phil Anselmo's kinda cool though
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Anyone who has ever been in AC/DC lacks a rockstar name. Bon Scott? Phil Rudd? Angus Young? Brian Johnson? Those ain't rocker names. And yet one of the most well-known bands in the world.
They aren't 'rockstar' names. They just seem like rockstar names because you always hear them associated with rock.
Check out my band Disturbed
I always thought most of the Big 4 of thrash had cool names, like Dave Mustaine, Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, James Hetfield, Frank Bello etc.
Quote by Seref
Anyone who has ever been in AC/DC lacks a rockstar name. Bon Scott? Phil Rudd? Angus Young? Brian Johnson? Those ain't rocker names. And yet one of the most well-known bands in the world.

Seref, you are totally right. Also, your location is awesome
My name is Craig Davies. I'll never make it.

(craaaaaaig daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavieeees)
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
my name is kenan al-shamie.

i hate that

if i ever get into the music biz, i'll be known as sponko or something.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
my name is kenan al-shamie.

i hate that

if i ever get into the music biz, i'll be known as sponko or something.

My name is Ali Ibrahim.

I'm also screwed.
You only think they're cool because your used to looking, reading and saying them.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
My name is Ali Ibrahim.

I'm also screwed.

you'd be set for a gangsta rap battle, though.
Quote by Brownerz
Do you think a persons name reflects how much people will like them as a musician or affects how famous they'll be? Even in the smallest way?

I ask because I've always noticed that generally the most successful musicians have cool, interesting names. Like Axl Rose, Eric Clapton, James Hetfield, Steve Vai, etc. I mean they don't tend to have run of the mill names. Or do you think because they are famous that their names sound cooler and more interesting?

Alistair Crowley figured out a formula to do with the link between names and fame. Something to do with syllables and letter sounds, which is why he chose his name. Google it, I found it somewhere on there,
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
My name is Ali Ibrahim.

I'm also screwed.

You could change it to Al Abraham. Sounds like a jazzer.
Quote by Brownerz

Axl isn't his real name, it's William.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Pseudonyms.
A lot more people have them than you may think.
My name's pretty shite to be honest, I dunno if I'd get it legally changed though.
If I ever became big enough to warrant a wiki page to myself, I'd adopt a catchier pseudonym for sure.
Quote by Vampire 255
Axl isn't his real name, it's William.

i think he was counting pseudonyms, steven siro is vai's real name too.
Nico Bellic....
John Marston....
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Vitor Van Der Put.

I'm ****ed.

Just go to brazil or germany

Quote by Jehannum
You could change it to Al Abraham. Sounds like a jazzer.

You've fix'd my insecurities by changing 3 letters!
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 27, 2011,
Steve Wilson? Ian Kenny? Pretty lame, although the lead singer of Dead Letter Circus is called Kim Benzie and that is a top, top name.
Thelonious Monk. Wow.

My name is Nitai Arbell, unique, but not in a good way.
Last edited by jimmyled at May 27, 2011,
I find it strange to think about fame for me.

I always imagine an interview with me about something and they say, "We're here with Skyler Newsome and..."

My name doesn't fit
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!

While Traveling at subsonic speeds during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening?

RIP Dio, Dimebag, Randy, John Bonham, and Cliff!
Quote by jimmyled
My name is Nitai Arbell, unique, but not in a good way.

I have to say man, that is a pretty awesome rockstar name A lot better than Joseph Tummon
Quote by JT436
I have to say man, that is a pretty awesome rockstar name A lot better than Joseph Tummon

I don't know, Joseph Tummon is a good name for a fusion guitarist. Nitai Arbell is a good name for getting beat up.