Hello! This is my first post on the forum and I can't choose the guitar to buy. I've been playing acoustic for about 6-7 months. I mostly like to play metal, but I also want clean stuff to sound decent too. So, which guitar should I buy? The Mexican Fender Strat or IBANEZ RG-350DX? Also, if there are greater guitars, please say so.
I've had My RG350DX for 3 years. I've upgraded my pickups, but it's a absolute trooper. It's good for metal, but if' youre playing live a lot, you'll want to swap the pups.
They're both guitars at each end of the spectrum for what you want. Fender for cleans obviously and Ibby for Metal. Throw up a budget and I'm sure we'll be able to find you something that can cover it all.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
RG all the way.

Isn't it now a DXZ because they changed the bridge?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Zinkon
Hello! This is my first post on the forum and I can't choose the guitar to buy. I've been playing acoustic for about 6-7 months. I mostly like to play metal, but I also want clean stuff to sound decent too. So, which guitar should I buy? The Mexican Fender Strat or IBANEZ RG-350DX? Also, if there are greater guitars, please say so.

What kinda budget do you have?
You could look at a mexican fat strat.
If you want metal you want a humbucker in the bridge atleast..
I wouldnt bother with the rg350 it has a sucky trem. I dont trust the new one yet either.
You can pick up a used rg570/550/old s series with the edge trems for the same amount as a new rg350 which is a much better way to go..
I'd take a MIM fat strat over an RG350 in a heartbeat.

A used 550 is a whole other kettle of fish though...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get the RG350 if you like using a floating trem and humnbuckers. Get a strat if you like everything else (of a fat strat)

As said above, getting a new or used RG5xx series guitar would be better, but it might be out of your price range a bit. Personally, I would save up for an RG550 before I would get the RG350 - the quality on the RG550 is so much better.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.