Hi everyone,

As the title says, im considering going into military services. I kinda ruined my college career after 1 year by not going to most classes and was just entirely too lazy. I regret being like this because my parents paid a collective 6k and I paid 3k of my own and none of it went to good use. So now I am broke, not going to college, and have no trust from my parents (other worse reasons then being a college drop out). My goal here I guess is to see if anybody else has been in the military, coast guard in particular and just let me know if you liked it and why. Thanks
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

You should join, because...

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

Quote by G.Krizzel
You should join, because...

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

This made my day!
I think if your reason for going into any sort of military service is doing shitty in college, it's the wrong reason to go into any sort of military service.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I think if your reason for going into any sort of military service is doing shitty in college, it's the wrong reason to go into any sort of military service.

This
It's not a decision you take lightly.
my friend wanted to join the RAF and still needed good qualifications; a period of waiting time for acceptance and to change his mind; and about a year of training to get him to a standard were they would take him on.
It's taken about a year to do all the trial stuff.

You could have earned maybe £15,000 in this time doing a full time job.
And you'll have set yourself up with work experience.
And you'll have things like a TV and Xbox or nintendo or whatever.
And you could pay back your parents.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Dragforce92
Hi everyone,

As the title says, im considering going into military services. I kinda ruined my college career after 1 year by not going to most classes and was just entirely too lazy. I regret being like this because my parents paid a collective 6k and I paid 3k of my own and none of it went to good use.

You know if you figured out the financial situation to go back, failing most of your classes first year wouldn't have ruined your college career. you just have to, you know, actually put an effort in and pull your grades up.

other than that, i know a lot of people in the airforce and they seem to enjoy it.
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Is that the qualifications for the coast guard?
Lazy and unreliable.

Maybe start trying to pay your parents back that money you wasted.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Lazy and unreliable.

1,000%.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I only know one person who was in the Coast Guard and he used to be a Rescue Diver (or whatever the proper nomenclature is) and is now an Air Force PJ.

I'm active duty, special operations, and I've been around on the block a slight bit, and here's my two cents: I think that there are plenty of great job opportunities, as well as training opportunities in the Coast Guard. The majority, if not all, of their jobs keep you stateside so you don't have to worry about deploying to one of the combat areas.

You'll get good pay, good training, and there are a TON of jobs that transfer directly to civilian qualifications or civilian jobs.

The increased discipline, training, work ethic, and probably "self-worth" you'll get may set you back on track after your mishap in college. Not to mention, after three years of active duty service you qualify for the post-9/11 GI Bill which pays for 100% of your college tuition, as well as housing and books.

I've actually thought about doing the Coast Guard reserve after my current service, but that probably won't happen due to other reasons.

My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at May 27, 2011,
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Lazy and unreliable.

yea, the reason im really considering this is to get disciplined to not be lazy and unreliable. thanks for reminding me though i really appreciate that
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

As much as it pains me to say this...

...I'd join the Navy over the coast guard. They get deployments. Deployments mean money and education benefits. Any branch will get you a job, civilian skills, money, education, etc. Get into something that gets you away from what you're used to just to see if you like it. I lived in Alaska and Wisconsin for most of my life. I wanted to be an Architect.

I joined as a Medic, went to Iraq, and now I'm a biology major. I'm going to afghanistan at the beginning of next year, and when I get back I'm moving to Arkansas. You won't ever know your options or what's out there until you actually get out there.

The military is a world full of experience. I very much recommend it.

Quote by Dreadnought
I only know one person who was in the Coast Guard and he used to be a Rescue Diver (or whatever the proper nomenclature is) and is now an Air Force PJ.

The PJ's are a pretty cool crew. I know a guy who's in school right now to be one. Dive school sucks, from what I'm hearing.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at May 27, 2011,
Quote by JustRooster

The PJ's are a pretty cool crew. I know a guy who's in school right now to be one. Dive school sucks, from what I'm hearing.

Cool story, bro
Quote by Dreadnought
Cool non-special operations job, bro

Cool slick sleeve, bro.

EDIT:

There are ranger battalions in Washington? I thought all you guys lived down in Benning.
Wikipedia is your friend

Also, by slick sleeve are you referring to deployment patches? Because uh... I have multiple deployments
Benning is their breeding grounds. Then they migrate to Washington where all the other fairies hang out at.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Benning is their breeding grounds. Then they migrate to Washington where all the other fairies hang out at.

And business is gooooooooooood
you're going to be a semen. or seaman. not sure which.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
I dunno why, but I thought you were fresh out of RIP. Silly me. I'll just crawl back into my hole, now.