Page 1 of 3
What happened to action heroes? You know, like Arnie the Austrian Death Machine, Sly Stone, Dolph Lundgren? Those ripped one man armies with hard to spell names that could single-handedly stand up to robots and aliens and robot aliens? Who are our action heroes now? Christian Bale? That bald British guy? Matt F*cking Damon? Does anybody else think we should bring back the imported mountains of muscle instead of wimpy pretty boys? Who cares if they can act or pronounce words correctly? I'm pretty sure a 63 year old governator could still pop Matt Damon's head off like a pez dispenser.
kill 'em a lot
Quote by JackalUK
I guess by bald british guy you mean Jason Statham, who is AWESOME!

FUCK YEAH

I loved the Transporter series.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yeah, now we have a bunch of stupid movies based on old comic book characters, with wimpy lead actors like Toby Maguire, Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman. Dreck.
Quote by Spud Spudly
Yeah, now we have a bunch of stupid movies based on old comic book characters, with wimpy lead actors like Toby Maguire, Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman. Dreck.

You. GTFO.
Quote by phlip999
I guess you can say that Arnold was the... Last Action Hero.

Outstanding work.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JackalUK

He can't act for shit and he has a terrrrrrrrrrible American accent (so cringeworthy).

(Invalid img)

Take that Hollywood!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at May 27, 2011,
Quote by phlip999
I guess you can say that Arnold was the... Last Action Hero.

-.- I see what you did there
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by JackalUK

Crank
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Harmonius is right -- Asian's where it's at right now. More compelling than anything Hollywood is producing in that genre.
There are enough action heroes, but you're right about the fact that they're not as popular anymore.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Talented actors who could do action stuff too.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Look at kids nowadays: Ask a kid what he wants to become when he grows up and that retarded midget will answer a businessman, a politician, a drug or arms dealer, or the head of cult. Doesn't matter if he enjoys doing his job, doesn't care about morals. As long as the brat's making money, sniffing coke of the boobs of *****s and driving a lambo - he's good. IMHO sad times when the wicked are glorified.

Seems to me action heroes took childhood dreams into the grave with them.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
Look at kids nowadays: Ask a kid what he wants to become when he grows up and that retarded midget will answer a businessman, a politician, a drug or arms dealer, or the head of cult. Doesn't matter if he enjoys doing his job, doesn't care about morals. As long as the brat's making money, sniffing coke of the boobs of *****s and driving a lambo - he's good. IMHO sad times when the wicked are glorified.

Join the Guitar Religion
Quote by Grimriffer

I dont see the issue?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I do like Jason Statham, but I'm sad to admit that the "Golden Age" of action hero's has passed.

Sadly, we will no more see lines like this muttered by colossal hero's:

"Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. "
My God, it's full of stars!
When you said that, I thought you were meaning Thor, Batman, Spidey, etc. before they made the movies and made them "cool." Thor was my favorite since I was 6.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by JackalUK

qft

I do miss Arnold, though.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
He always said it was his "one last job"...

Remember the days when a lone man let slip the dogs of war against a million-bazillion foes because he knew what was right and he knew no one else but he would stand up for it? Remember when he stood bloodied, exhausted and greatly outnumbered he never stood outmanned? His machine gun was firing heatseeking rounds of 7.62 machismo for half the movie because being a man doesn't need reloading. He stands tall under a rain of lead. Blast waves rip off his clothes, but he ain't no homo because in the end he always gets the hot chick with awesome boobs and rides off into the sunset holding her under his 23" biceps while hell itself explodes behind him in a fiery inferno of real explosives and the mother****er's eyes don't even twitch, not even when the blast wave tousles his buzzcut.

We always thought that the last job was the next one. The last real action hero faded away and he didn't even say a badass one-liner as he shut the door behind himself.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
More like "the death of everything" apparantly.

Seriously, people just whine and moan. Music, CoD, this, that...

But times change, and the 80's have gone .
This will start a RIOT! in me

Action heroes are in the video games now. Which, honestly, I prefer. I'd much rather be involved in the story rather than just watch it happen. Not that I don't like action movies. But, let's be honest here, Master Chief is the greatest action hero of all time.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
"We don't have heroes anymore, I used to give a fuck."

action heroes are becoming more like the accessible everyman. the average guy more people can relate to.
Quote by MakinLattes

action heroes are becoming more like the accessible everyman. the average guy more people can relate to.

Sadly the "average guy " as depicted in movies is a limp wristed halfman who weighs 160 pounds and works out only Mr. Miyagi style.
Quote by i_eat_souls
What happened to action heroes? You know, like Arnie the Austrian Death Machine, Sly Stone, Dolph Lundgren? Those ripped one man armies with hard to spell names that could single-handedly stand up to robots and aliens and robot aliens? Who are our action heroes now? Christian Bale? That bald British guy? Matt F*cking Damon? Does anybody else think we should bring back the imported mountains of muscle instead of wimpy pretty boys? Who cares if they can act or pronounce words correctly? I'm pretty sure a 63 year old governator could still pop Matt Damon's head off like a pez dispenser.

Been replaced with girly men and emo kids. "ahh we have feelings now! Sorry mr. bad guy, instead of me tearing your arms off, lets sit down and talk this out."
Quote by MakinLattes

But that's not what action is about! Action is about over-the-top, impossible scenarios which you watch to escape reality. When I want to see an action movie, I want to look up to the guys, not relate with them, it's not a romantic comedy.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by Grimriffer
Sadly the "average guy " as depicted in movies is a limp wristed halfman who weighs 160 pounds and works out only Mr. Miyagi style.

see? totally realistic.

Quote by 007dude
But that's not what action is about! Action is about over-the-top, impossible scenarios which you watch to escape reality. When I want to see an action movie, I want to look up to the guys, not relate with them, it's not a romantic comedy.

"relate" in that you could conceivably do it yourself.
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 27, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes

"relate" in that you could conceivably do it yourself.

The question is not if you can do it, but will you.
Page 1 of 3