Page 1 of 5
My friend wants to buy a Dumble amp but he only has $10k to spend, do you know anything about them?

All the pics I can find they look like they are covered in loads of glue and stuff, does this mean they break down alot?

He plays classic rock and alot of Robben Ford.

Thanks!

Carl

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
peavey bandit will do him just fine
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
A Dumble?!!! Why waste your money on that crap when you could buy 1,000 Spider 15's!? The more amps you have, the better it sounds, DUH!!!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Why on earth would you spend 10K on an amp that possibly breaks down alot?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
A Blues Junior with a tubescreamer clone nails the Dumble tone, and saves you some money.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Does that setup get that smooth tone though?

My favourite song is politician. I dont want to spend 10k if it doesnt get that Robben tone.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yah it totally gets that robben ford chirp.

If you want to strech out your budget you could get a 6505 112 combo

You do mean aus dollars right?

Quote by coolstoryangus
Yah it totally gets that robben ford chirp.

If you want to strech out your budget you could get a 6505 112 combo

You do mean aus dollars right?

listen to this man...coolstoryangus knows tone...
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Well he just wants to nail that smoothness.

It has to be a Dumble, but is the glue stuff going to cause a problem? Are they unreliable?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I used a Blues Jr with a tubescreamer to play Mustang Sally the other night.
I think you should buy a Fuchs. The ODS gets great ford tone.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
My favourite song is politician. I dont want to spend 10k if it doesnt get that Robben tone.

Your friend or you now?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
thats my friend?

He is on like another computer, he is only 16 so a bit thick, i'm 47 so yeah, i think i should know better.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by coolstoryangus
tubetime you ninja

That's such a well know way of nailing the dumble tone... How could I not post it?

Quote by al112987
I used a Blues Jr with a tubescreamer to play Mustang Sally the other night.

Oh man, this must have been awesome. I hope you didn't play past the first couple bars though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 27, 2011,
Ceriatone Overtone Special, maybe? I hear they nail "that" sound.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Hi Carl,
The "glue" that you see is actually special electron-resistant epoxy. It helps to keep the circuit from bleeding electrons, since they are fragile and cannot survive for long outside of the vacuum of the tubes. The epoxy acts like a wall to keep the electrons in so they can't escape and ruin your excellent harmonics. Pretty neat, huh?

Tell your friend that the only Dumble is a real Dumble! It might cost a little extra, but your friend should think of it as an investment and a tool - just like his BMW 5-series or his big, expensive house that will definitely be worth more when this little real estate dip fad goes away! I'm sorry to bring this up, Carl, but perhaps your friend can learn from your mistakes. How many times have the patrons at your local blues gig left the bar in disgust because your Two-Rock didn't have the "kiss of the pick" that a real Dumble has? Don't you feel like you're missing some "haunting mids"? Aren't you frustrated that even after you installed that vintage-correct sustain block on your D'Pergo stat and traded that siver klon in for a gold one you still couldn't hear the difference between your medium rounded and your large rounded V-pick?

Well, the only way to fix that frustration is a real Dumble! Once you've played one, you'll realize that without a real one, you might as well be playing that Guitar Heroes game your kids like! And don't even get me started on the crap they listen to these days - more like the Black Eyed Please, L.O.L.!

So, Carl, tell your friend that the internet is in agreement at least on one thing - Dumbles. If you really want the best, and want to know that you have the best, and want everyone else to know that you have the best, your only option is that second mortgage. Your wife might not like it, but just tell her that you can pass it on to the kids one day. It's not like she ever listens to you play anyway, L.O.L.!

Best of luck,
TEG
Mesa Dual Rec nails that tone
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Roc8995
Hi Carl,
The "glue" that you see is actually special electron-resistant epoxy. It helps to keep the circuit from bleeding electrons, since they are fragile and cannot survive for long outside of the vacuum of the tubes. The epoxy acts like a wall to keep the electrons in so they can't escape and ruin your excellent harmonics. Pretty neat, huh?

Tell your friend that the only Dumble is a real Dumble! It might cost a little extra, but your friend should think of it as an investment and a tool - just like his BMW 5-series or his big, expensive house that will definitely be worth more when this little real estate dip fad goes away! I'm sorry to bring this up, Carl, but perhaps your friend can learn from your mistakes. How many times have the patrons at your local blues gig left the bar in disgust because your Two-Rock didn't have the "kiss of the pick" that a real Dumble has? Don't you feel like you're missing some "haunting mids"? Aren't you frustrated that even after you installed that vintage-correct sustain block on your D'Pergo stat and traded that siver klon in for a gold one you still couldn't hear the difference between your medium rounded and your large rounded V-pick?

Well, the only way to fix that frustration is a real Dumble! Once you've played one, you'll realize that without a real one, you might as well be playing that Guitar Heroes game your kids like! And don't even get me started on the crap they listen to these days - more like the Black Eyed Please, L.O.L.!

So, Carl, tell your friend that the internet is in agreement at least on one thing - Dumbles. If you really want the best, and want to know that you have the best, and want everyone else to know that you have the best, your only option is that second mortgage. Your wife might not like it, but just tell her that you can pass it on to the kids one day. It's not like she ever listens to you play anyway, L.O.L.!

Best of luck,
TEG

errr... I think I hear your marketing job calling you, Colin.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Now ban yourself.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Roc8995
Hi Carl,

Best of luck,
TEG

Can we ban Vintage Amigoo rIch5000 now?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ lol colin. win.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard

300 old champs and a buncha cables...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Ban! I don't like to ban people unless they insult D'Pergos. I would tell you why, but I would have to ban you. Let's keep this discussion positive, please!

What is your favorite D*mble style pedal to put in front of your D*mble style amp? I really like the Jetter Gain Stage Aquamarine! It is a special version that they only made for people who use vintage correct telecaster saddles.

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD,
TEG
Colin is on fire today
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

What is going on in this thread?

We are discussing nice amps, and nice guitars! Later we might talk about expensive cars and very good cigars! Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer? My wife is going to need one when she finds out we're talking about D*mbles again, L.O.L.! Feel free to start some conversation on your nice gear if you think you know tone!

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD,
TEG
"D'Pergo guitars are made from tonally superior, certified old growth tone woods that possess remarkable acoustic resonance, enhanced stability, and increased velocity of sound. These old growth woods are commercially unavailable on the global timber market."

ZOMG they use black market wood!

truly,

GAG
I got a replica of Robben Fords hand and I wear it when I play, it makes me have tone
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

So what your saying is, I can get the Dumble if I buy a Dumble?

But I need a pedal to boost it into classic rock?

he plays a Squier CV, it looks just like EJs strat from the politician videos, you know, that song ford made more popular when he covered it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
he plays a Squier CV, it looks just like EJs strat from the politician videos, you know, that song ford made more popular when he covered it.

more like he buried it six feet under.
No, you need a pedal to play Politician at a volume that won't wake up the kids! Your friend should look into D'Pergos. They are like EJ strats but they sound more like a strat, and the resale is much better. They also have more velocity of sound, which is important if you're like me and can't wait for that sweet warm tone to hit the speaker!

Speaking of speakers, does anyone know a speaker like the EVM12L but more boutique?

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD,
TEG
Is this all an inside joke between you guys? something from another thread maybe? If so, link!
Ah ok, so he needs a stratier strat..

also, would he find that the amp will allow him to just play like Ford?

I mean watching videos, it seems that tag guy bought the amp and it all just flowed from his fingers

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yes! The tone is in the fingers, but the fingers are in the D*mble.

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD,
TEG
Page 1 of 5