....i am!! They're just starting to be talked about on other forums... thought i'd share here:

New, Blacktop series Basses (MiM):

Jazz Bass (dual P, high-mass bridge):

Precision Bass (dual "jazzbuckers", high-mass bridge):

New Bassman Series Amps/Cabs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bassplayermag/5734495315/in/photostream/

2 heads each with the same pre-amp – 2 channels; channel 1 is the classic Fender® passive tone stack. Channel 2 is an active/modern tone stack with a strong overdrive circuit, semi-par mids, bass/treble boost.

Auto-Bias™ – No more worrying about the tubes! Auto Bias constantly monitors your power section and re-matches the power tubes as they drift. This extends tube life, and even if one tube goes out, Auto-Bias will take out the pair and re-bias the remaining tubes to get you through the gig. Also, no need to buy matched tubes because Auto-Bias handles it for you!

Super Bassman® - 300w tube pre (2x12AX7, 1x12AT7, and tube power (6x6550’s) weighs about 65lbs. (transformers). Stadium rattle, and an absolutely gorgeous presence on stage!

Bassman® 100T – 100w tube pre (2x12AX7, 1x12AT7, and tube power (4x6L6’s) - weighs about 50lbs. (transformers)
This little beauty is a LOUD 100w, AND it has a 100w/25w/silent record switch. Play it full out, reduce it to 25w to mic at reasonable volumes, OR turn it to silent and record from the XLR out without a cabinet. AND, the XLR is being picked up AFTER the power section so the XLR tone has power amp grind in the signal! We have an internal heat sink to absorb the heat in this mode.

4 cabinets
Bassman® 810 NEO – Full sized cabinet, neo drivers, weighs under 100lbs
Bassman® 610 NEO – Full sized cabinet, neo drivers, weighs under 80lbs
Bassman® 410 NEO – Full sized cabinet, neo drivers, weighs under 60lbs
Bassman® 115 NEO – Full sized cabinet, neo drivers, weighs under 50lbs

Pics of teh SuperBassman:

"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I'm not impressed with the jazz to be honest.
But the P-bass certainly is looking bloody awesome. There's never enough P-bass sexiness.
And for the Bassman, well, the thought of a modern, good sounding Bassman is amazing but I'm gonna wait till I've actually heard it in action. Although the specs sound promising.
That Bassman sounds REALLY promising. Anyone else thinking the P bass in black and maple?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Yeah, i'm also feeling a bit 'meh' about the rosewood...

BUT...

They ARE MiM, not MiA... so they probably will be in the sub-$700 range, new. That in mind, i can't complain TOO much...

They ARE keeping things pretty congruent with the Blacktop guitars they released last year:

Only one version of the Tele even HAS a maple neck... so i won't hold my breath for the P or J to have Maple...

EDIT: Mmmmmm... the dual-P Jazz bass with a swapped in Maple Blocked'n'Bound Squier VM Jazz neck.... schmexy.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at May 27, 2011,
Quote by Spaz91
FFFF Why rosewood fretboards. Rosewood is nasty.

Pray for Pawn Shops with maple fretboards someday.

I'm on the fence about those Bassman (Bassmen?), I've never been a huge fan of Fender amps, but the TV Combos did turn out really good so maybe this release will be just as up to snuff.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Not a fan of Fender amps but i'm digging the jazzbucker bass. i'd definitely look into that. But still.

Y U NO PUT 24 FRETS FENDER.
pinga
I want that double P bass. That thing is just beyond sexy.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
where did you find out about this?
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
So....the Jazz Bass has two P-Bass pickups and the P-Bass has two Jazz Bass pickups?
Quote by Bobfred75
So....the Jazz Bass has two P-Bass pickups and the P-Bass has two Jazz Bass pickups?

I was gonna say...xD

Anyways, I'm in the process of looking for a decent bass to buy(as a lefty, I've given up on a Thunderbird of any sort, and the only brand that I'm liking for lefty stuff under $1000 is Schecter), and...if they put out the Jazz with the dual P-bass pickups in lefty, I would dance. All over the place. Like, that thing is sexy-looking in my opinion.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I just noticed something that P bass in the second pic says Squier, Not Fender.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I just started building a double P and they go start making one. how much those bassman amps going to be you think?
I'm not into the idea of having dual pickups in a p.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Definitely interested in the 100 watt Bassman head, I'll probably pick one up eventually. The dual P Jazz will probably be on my shopping list too if there's a maple fretboard option. Anyone have any idea on the release dates of these things? I'll guess on or around Summer NAMM..
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Neither bass looks that promising.

However, the "Super Bassman" amp is just a reissue of the Bassman Pro 300/Sunn with an auto-bias feature.

Love the Low end
Quote by Zeelod

However, the "Super Bassman" amp is just a reissue of the Bassman Pro 300/Sunn with an auto-bias feature.

And I would be all over it if it weren't $3000
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Zeelod
Neither bass looks that promising.

I think they have potential. If they do flop now they'll become niche pieces and will probably get a revival thanks to a band in twenty years or so.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by gilly_90
And I would be all over it if it weren't $3000

Really? That is quite a lot. I picked up my Bassman Pro 300 for $1000 barely used and in nearly mint condition. The tubes were practically new having only been used twice.

Quote by DanO
I think they have potential. If they do flop now they'll become niche pieces and will probably get a revival thanks to a band in twenty years or so.

I agree. I guess I should have said something along the lines of they don't look promising to my tastes.
Haha I guess you could say I'm biased against the MIM Fenders and I don't think they'll outstrip the standard models in sales. I just have a feeling that the mainstream bass audience aren't as receptive to changes of a proven solid design.
But the high-mass bridge is definitely a nice addition.

Love the Low end
Last edited by Zeelod at May 29, 2011,
The new Fender's don't really appeal to me but I'm interested in trying out that Squier Matt Freeman sig.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Both look pretty cool. The blacktop guitars can have maple fret boards, or so musicians friend says....I think they should have a pawn shop series as.they did with guitar. If not pawnshop, that just mashup. Aside from the tom DeLonge, and p special. Maybe a JAG with three pickups, and a j neck idk....that's another future thread. I'm definitely stoked no doubt. I love basses with two splitters. And jazzbuckers are just cool. I've only seen them on shecter p ripoffs. Cool that fenders catching on
Just a thought,

the jazzbucker p bass = poor mans Roscoe Beck bass?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
^ Sort of, but without the pickup selector switch and all the switching options you get with the mini toggles.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Definitely poor man's version.
What makes the Roscoe Beck model so unique is the selector and toggle switches giving about 10 different tones that can be further adjusted with the mid control knob.

Judging by the knob layout of the Jazzbucker bass I'd say it has volume, pickup blend, and tone.

Love the Low end
blacktop jazz with bridge and pickup covers. mighty mite maple p bass neck.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Tostitos
^ Sort of, but without the pickup selector switch and all the switching options you get with the mini toggles.

That kind of switching could probably be worked into the existing wiring without much difficulty
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Probably a stupid question: is that P passive then? Not sure how much I'd want that.
Quote by smb
Probably a stupid question: is that P passive then? Not sure how much I'd want that.

The controls are probably vol/vol/tone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle