*inb4 some jackass tells you not to get a 4x12 and get a 2x12 instead*

Definitely get the Harley Benton, as it's loaded with Celestion V30's, and should sound the best.

...And it has wheels.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at May 27, 2011,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
*inb4 some jackass tells you not to get a 4x12 and get a 2x12 instead*

Definitely get the Harley Benton, as it's loaded with Celestion V30's, and should sound the best.

...And it has wheels.

400 quid and you suggest a Harley benton cab? You home schooled?

Go second hand TS and buy something like a Mesa or Orange cab.

Or if you do go for a 212, which realistically is a more practical route, check out the ENGL pro cabs too.

.....****ing Harley benton

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
400 quid and you suggest a Harley benton cab? You home schooled?

Is there something about Harley Benton I don't know? I mean, it's loaded with V30's, right? What could possibly go wrong with that? Unless, of course, they're not real Celestions...
It's a budget cab.

Look up the cost of 4 V30s. Even when you factor in the fact they probably get them cheap due to buying in bulk. Look at the cost of the cab.

You think that's going to be quality 18 ply birch in that construction, or well wired or generally built to last?

If TS goes second hand he can buy a top end professional and bomb proof cabinet that will be future proof against any amps he buys in the future.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah you'd have to be a total moron to buy a harley benton with a 400 budget you can get sooo many good cabs used for that.
I mean fine if you only have like 150 quid to spend on a cab and you need one deseprately then go with the HB 2x12 with v30s since you can hardly buy good used cabs with that but...
lol
The thing is as well is that in the uk marshall cabs are so cheap used. I'm forever seeing the v30 1960avs for the price of like 200-250 quid local to me so.. Not to mention the regular g12-75ts go for the same if not cheaper depending on how beat up they are... A used orange 4x12 would doable at a push with 400 as would a mesa... 2x12 woudl be easy need i go on hahaha!
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 27, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
It's a budget cab.

Look up the cost of 4 V30s. Even when you factor in the fact they probably get them cheap due to buying in bulk. Look at the cost of the cab.

You think that's going to be quality 18 ply birch in that construction, or well wired or generally built to last?

If TS goes second hand he can buy a top end professional and bomb proof cabinet that will be future proof against any amps he buys in the future.

Well, it at least has wheels .