Poll: wich one to buy
Poll Options
View poll results: wich one to buy
schecter hellraiser c7 fr
14 40%
jeff loomis fr
21 60%
Voters: 35.
hi there guys. i m going to buy one of them . which one would be best option for soloing,shreding?
the motto : quality equals price
C7 Hellraiser. I don't like maple. I'm mahogany neck freak. That's the only reason.
The Loomer sig is widely regarded as the superior axe- and I say that as a C7 owner

IIRC the Loomer has a thinner neck profile too, I'd imagine it's a plus since you're into shred.
The Loomis'll have a brighter tone, it has an ash body and a full-maple neck, whereas the Hellraiser will have a bassier tone since it's all-mahogany. The Hellraiser has that sexy quilt top with the Black Cherry finish and coil taps too, but otherwise I'm pretty sure they're the same. I'd go with the Loomis out of the two just for the maple neck, I'm a sucker for those, though honestly the Hellraiser's probably the better buy.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
i prefer jeff fr,because of its maple and ash combination.
but really, is the price adequate? do i pay money for the signature(name,popularity), or for quality ? this is the point of view what i meant when comparing those two things
thanks a lot, for answers
I personally hate Signature Models. Jeff Loomis is awesome, but really, your playing someone else's guitar.
Say your in a band, and as they gain more exposure, more and more people will see the Jeff Loomis logo on the headstock.
Trust me, it doesn't look cool.
They are both good guitars, it's really a personal preference.
METAL!
Quote by arresta
i prefer jeff fr,because of its maple and ash combination.
but really, is the price adequate? do i pay money for the signature(name,popularity), or for quality ? this is the point of view what i meant when comparing those two things
thanks a lot, for answers

In my country, the C7FR and LoomerFR are exactly the same.

http://www.thomann.de/dk/schecter_diamond_jeff_loomis_fr.htm

http://www.thomann.de/dk/schecter_diamond_c7_hellraiser_fr_blk.htm

Quote by Ultraussie
I personally hate Signature Models. Jeff Loomis is awesome, but really, your playing someone else's guitar.
Say your in a band, and as they gain more exposure, more and more people will see the Jeff Loomis logo on the headstock.

I'd usually agree, but the signature on the Loomer is on the truss rod cap- just remove it, paint it over, or hell, just flip it. Problem solved.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at May 28, 2011,
In my country, the C7FR and LoomerFR are exactly the same

there is the opinion
c7 fr - quality=1000 green
loomerfr - quality +''signature''=1000 green

probably u r right. but holding it is something more than honor
one ,that i havnt said.
i am not able to test them, because they r not selling in my country.
its very difficult to choose instrument by internet not touching it.. so i appreciate your support.
owners of those guitars, help me for forming my opinion
I have had the Vamp red loomis Floyd, for a couple years now, as for playability I absolutely love it, I did not like the EMG 707's so I replaced them with SD blackouts, Its an amazing piece I will never get rid of. At first I thought just a volume knob could hold me back, but in the end with this guitar its not an issue.
i would prolly get the Loomis just because i prefer maple necks to mahogany. just a personal preference though. idk about the ash body. never used a guitar with one before so i cant comment on how it will affect the sound. id imagine it would be brighter than the C-7 which could help depending on what type of tone you like for shred stuff
i would prolly get the Loomis just because i prefer maple necks to mahogany. just a personal preference though. idk about the ash body. never used a guitar with one before so i cant comment on how it will affect the sound. id imagine it would be brighter than the C-7 which could help depending on what type of tone you like for shred stuff

i got the idea. thanks