So my computer monitor will turn on and i will see my desktop for a second then it turns off and teh power light flashes repeatedly. If i turn it off and on again it does the same thing.
What do i do to fix it pit?
I was voted least likely to survive the inevitable zombie apocalypse in high school.
First thing to do: try another monitor on the same compuer and try the same monitor on another computer to check who got the problem.
Take it to the Computing thread.

But anyway, sounds like power failure in either the monitor or your power cable. Try a different power cable if youve got any, if it still doesnt work the monitor is likely dying and you'll probably have to replace it.
It cant be power failure, its doing the same thing over and over

do you have the monitor plugged into a graphics card or on-board graphics? and doe's it have both?
If you have both and have got it plugged into the on-board one, when windows (presuming that is what you have) loads up the driver for the graphics card kicks in and switches to that.

Or start it up in safe mode and plug the monitor into on-board graphics and download all the latest drivers
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
I plugged it into my laptop and it did the exact same thing. Let me try the power cable.
I was voted least likely to survive the inevitable zombie apocalypse in high school.
This happened to ours. We would have to turn it on/off over and over. We threw it out.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
I tried a different power cable it still did the same thing, as to the onboard graphics I have no idea. ill try safe mode.
um.... how do i get it to go into safe mode?
Quote by ithinkiplaybass
um.... how do i get it to go into safe mode?
Press F8 while the computer boots.
A similar thing happened to my laptop. End diagnosis: the motherboard was fried, I'd check that. They're not a big deal to replace.
Press f8 while it's booting up
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
ok now its got soem kind of black screen with like options. But i can only see a second at a time. is there a specific option i should choose?
Safe mode with networking, that way you can get back on the internet while in safe mode.

However, from what you've posted so far, it sounds like a hardware failure on the monitors part.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....