Getting rp5 g2s tomorrow! i've heard that the bottom of the monitors are rubber in order to isolate the sound. So would getting mopads be pointless because the rubber on the bottom of the monitor is already isolating it?
Those would do a much better job than the rubber. Whether or not it will be worth the money, I cant say. I would guess that investing in some other acoustic treatment would be more beneficial to you.

I heard from a quite good mastering engineer in town that speaker spikes are even better than those pads (and cheaper). I haven't tried them personally, but his speakers sounded killer with them.
Quote by sandyman323
Those would do a much better job than the rubber. Whether or not it will be worth the money, I cant say. I would guess that investing in some other acoustic treatment would be more beneficial to you.

I heard from a quite good mastering engineer in town that speaker spikes are even better than those pads (and cheaper). I haven't tried them personally, but his speakers sounded killer with them.

Thanks for the advice. yea that makes sense. And hmmm i've seen photos of speaker spikes but I cannot find where I can buy them. I'm googling and nothings coming up. Can you link me?
i'm actually thinking about getting something like this. http://www.amazon.com/Container-Store-Metro~-Commercial-Protectors/dp/B004T2TCO0/ref=sr_1_96?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1306533963&sr=1-96

Theyr cheap and i cud just flip em the opposite way they go on table legs and put my monitor on top of 4 of them at the corners. then i cud also use a two by four or something to tilt the monitors anyway i wanted to
Amazon has a number of options for spikes. They would do the job a whole lot better than those you're looking at. Personally, I'd put it up between the foam and the spikes.