Hi.

I am looking to buy a guitar, and have been researching the topic of late. One thing that I noticed was that I was very drawn to the white digital camo design that appears on certain guitars.

My problem is that it seems that most guitars with this design are out of stock. The one I really wanted was the Ibanez RG370DXGP3 (seen here: http://www.edroman.com/detail_sheets/ibanez_rg370dxgp3_d407.html). This however appears to have been limited edition, and is out of stock everywhere.

Another option was the ESP JH200DC, though this is slightly above my price range for a first guitar. My budget is around £200, and this one is £400+. Link here: http://www.gak.co.uk/en/esp-jh-200-jeff-hanneman-signature-digi-camo-graphic/21465.

The final option is the Dean Vendetta 2.0f (found here: http://www.gak.co.uk/en/dean-vendetta-digital-camo/15464). These are in my price range, but are sold pretty much in only 2 places. Also the finish is slightly the wrong colour.

All of these models seem quite respectable. I have read reviews on each of the guitars, and while there are some minor complaints all are said to be suitable for beginners.

My question is really, does anyone know of any other guitars/brands that do this kind of design. Failing this, does anyone know where I could get the Ibanez (in the UK), or have any experience with the Dean guitar (it seems to be the cheapest, so i worry about build quality).
you could always just buy like whatever guitar, then buy a BDU and cut it to the shape of the guitar and glue it on, or have your girlfriend sew it into like a sleeve...
Well I found this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-RG-RG370DXGP4-Camo-Electric-Guitar-Floor-Model-/190534657981?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c5cc027bd

But I don't think you would want it since it has a green digi camo. I would definitely go with the cheaper stuff though especially since you're a beginner. What if you decided that guitar playing isn't your thing? It would have been a waste of money to have gotten a more pricey guitar.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Yes green is the wrong colour unfortunately. I have been playing the bass for around a year now, and I have wanted to try the guitar as well.

Despite this I am looking for something around £200, which to me seems a sensible price for a beginner. The bass i got as my first bass was around this price as well.

In this case, has anyone got or played the Dean Vendetta 2.0F. I am not specifically speaking about the digital camo version, i just want to know if it is a good product.
I like the Ibanez and the ESP to be honest.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Or..

Buy something based on how it plays and not how it looks, you fan always refinish guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I was hoping that no-one would bring up the "buy it on how it plays" argument.

As i said, i've read reviews on all the guitars and ultimately i want to buy it for performance/cost. But I would like to get it in that particular finish. I'm not going to buy a guitar just because it looks "awesome".
I understand that mate, but when you have £200 to spend your fairly limited when your trying to buy a cheaper guitar,

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410473

Read that and then have a look for a 2nd hand one. It's probably the very best guitar you can afford with your money.

I know you would like a digital camo guitar, but with 200 quid, get something that plays well first and then repaint it when you have the time or if you still like the idea further down the line.

FYI the Jh200 really isn't worth the £400+ they cost !nd the finish is pretty nasty close up.

If you spend your money on a cheaper guitar going by looks alone your only screwing yourself over.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks for the tip on the guitar, it looks very nice, and ill check ebay to see if I can find one. It sounds to me like there's little chance of finding the specific design i want, so i might just go for something plain.

In regards to the JH200 it sounded it like might be a bit bad, since it looked exactly the same as the others, but cost £200 more for some reason. Can anyone else recommend me an alternative beginner guitar?
Quote by AlphaBase
Thanks for the tip on the guitar, it looks very nice, and ill check ebay to see if I can find one. It sounds to me like there's little chance of finding the specific design i want, so i might just go for something plain.

In regards to the JH200 it sounded it like might be a bit bad, since it looked exactly the same as the others, but cost £200 more for some reason. Can anyone else recommend me an alternative beginner guitar?

You can do what I did. My first guitar was a shitty Squier Strat. Then when I realized I really wanted to put my 100% into it, I convinced my parents to get me a customized 7 string Epiphone Flying V which I still have to this day. Best purchase of my life might I say.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Last edited by Seaweed2626 at May 28, 2011,
There is a very nice ML1 on eBay at the moment for 201 posted.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<