Hey Guys. New amp finally came in today!

I ordered this used from my GC store and they F'ed up my order like 25 times. It was a real hassle. I got a good deal out of it and due to all the difficulties I got a pedal too!

To pics!

Box:

Wait, its not a Peavey. WTF?

Relief.

Jet City JCA20h!

With the Earcandy

Without the grill cloth on the EC

Family!

Review -

Sounds great. I wanted an amp I could A/B with my AC15 for the clean then heavy distortion sound. So I bought a cab cause I found a sweet deal on an Earcandy (see my NCD) and then I had to buy myself a head for it. I had a few options but I felt this was the best for a pretty cheap price. I got it for $180 used off GC online.

The cleans are good. Not like my AC but that is expected. The distortion is really what I got the amp for. It has just enough on tap gain that I need for my stuff. So no extra OD pedals needed, although I may use one to tighten up the low end. I tweaked around with the EQ and found some great tones.

I'll try and get a song up by the end of next week, but Im heading out soon.

So with the head I got this A/B/Y switch for 15 bucks cause of the whole hassle I had to go to. I don't feel like explaining it. But I got a new Live Wire A/B/Y that goes for $50 for only $15. Its sweet.

I use this to A/B with my AC15 and 20h. It isn't very noisy at all, and there is no tone sucking. Pretty sweet device. And for cheap.

Any questions, just ask!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
that seems like a nice set up. congrats dice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 27, 2011,
Nice man! A fair amount of hate around here for Jet City amps, but I personally love them. If it were me, though, I would have held off for the new 2-channel version just because it has more gain on tap (and yea, I'd A/B it with my Fender for cleans - so I wouldn't actually be utilizing both channels on the JCA).

Quote by i_am_metalhead
Nice man! A fair amount of hate around here for Jet City amps, but I personally love them. If it were me, though, I would have held off for the new 2-channel version just because it has more gain on tap (and yea, I'd A/B it with my Fender for cleans - so I wouldn't actually be utilizing both channels on the JCA).

Meh I just didn't think I needed to. I have the A/B as two channels, and the head has just enough gain and I have pedals if I needed to go a little more if I had to. So I was set with it!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NAD dude!! These new Jet City's are great amps IMO especially for classic rock and 80's metal. I cant wait to get my 22h soon I just can't live without an FX loop and 2 channels. But the 20h rocks for a single channel amp

I see you have a Micro Chorus I got one myself..great pedals. They sound great in-front of an amp but they sound spectacular through an FX loop if your using the amps drive. The difference is like night & day.

Its a nice pedal. Maybe I'll have to get the FX mod for this
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Anybody know what happened to the replacement baffles? I wanted a white one...

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/store/replacement-baffles/

They can't keep them in stock
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I love my 20h. I need to add an effects loop to mine too, but it has an awesome OD
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
geat little amp i love mine

HNAD
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.