Well I have played guitar for 1 3/4 years and just now I have really started
building my techniques and speed.

The fastest what I can pick stable with Alternative picking is 100 bpm(1/16 notes)
And I can pick faster than that ~120bpm for 10 sec. (Used metronome)

Any tips / trainings that I could use to improve my alt. picking speed?

Thank you in advance, Blacknex.
Don´t tense up, try to be as loose as you can.

Don´t push the speed, speed will come with time.

Focus on doing as small movements as possible.

Practice what is hard for you, like switching strings, string skipping and such while alt.picking.

The last one is really the sulotion to all techniques i think, practice what is hard with them and practice it ALOT. Practice is the key.

Good luck
Oh forgot, focus aswell on getting it down accurately.

accurate is more important then speed.
usually the less contact the pick makes with the string the faster you'll be able to go since theres less resistance
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by blacknex

Any tips / trainings that I could use to improve my alt. picking speed?

Intense Rock I & II (actually all of Paul Gilbert's DVDs help a lot in building technique and/ or speed)

There's a ton of Instructional DVDs that will help you building technique (John Petrucci, Rusty Cooley,...).
You need several things to come together in order to build speed. A big one is strength.

A way to build strength is to actually practice on an acoustic or go ahead and string up with some .10's or even thicker strings! If you're not playing, like, shredding fast then you should be able to play everything you play now on an acoustic. If not, then practice until you can!

That alone will make both accuracy and speed improve on the electric. They go hand in hand, you know!

But to build fast speed you just need repetition. I use Guitar Pro, which costs money, of course. Pick a song you can't play, but that is reasonable for you to learn. Loop the difficult parts at slow speed until you get them down. Then lather, rinse, and repeat.

Also work on your fundamentals. Just running scales improves your strength, accuracy, and speed. It also reinforces your knowledge of scales!

I've never used a metronome, personally, as I find them irritating. It's also not musical! If you have a way to play with a drum track, or better yet a real drummer, then you will improve a lot faster.

Plus you'll be accustomed to the various beats and time changes that come with actual music.

Don't forget, guitar is a percussion instrument, too!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Endurance is important. I would suggest playing one or more alternating picking exercises at the fastest speed you can accurately play it/them and do that continuously for as long as you can until you wear out. Then, take a break and do it again. Increase the speed when it becomes too easy. It's like working out, it takes time, and you will "feel the burn", as they say.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

I've never used a metronome, personally, as I find them irritating. It's also not musical!

lol
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I've never used a metronome, personally, as I find them irritating. It's also not musical! If you have a way to play with a drum track, or better yet a real drummer, then you will improve a lot faster.

But for those of us who don't a metronome will do just fine, it's just a time-keeper anyway, it's not supposed to be providing anything musical other than a pulse.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

A way to build strength is to actually practice on an acoustic or go ahead and string up with some .10's or even thicker strings! If you're not playing, like, shredding fast then you should be able to play everything you play now on an acoustic. If not, then practice until you can!

I have a acoustic guitar with nylon strings, but I think that
you mean a guitar with steel strings?
Quote by blacknex

The fastest what I can pick stable with Alternative picking is 100 bpm(1/16 notes)
And I can pick faster than that ~120bpm for 10 sec. (Used metronome)

Why only 10 seconds? Are you tensing up? Even playing at your fastest speed should be relaxed and comfortable.

I've played fast stuff for hours and never "worn out"- because speed is more in the co-ordination than tension (or "pressure"). Make sure you're staying relaxed.

Oh and metronomes = good