The last few days I've been trying to really concentrate on my picking and finding a good technique for me, but I've become completely obsessed with how my right wrist aligns to the guitar and which part of the wrist I should use for the strength to pluck the strings with my pick. I've become increasingly worse the more time I focus on it and am getting depressed and considering starting an emo band.

So to prevent this, is there any suggestions on where my wrist should be and what part I should use to hit the string?
Where ever is most comfortable, there is no right way to pick just what you prefer.
ignore your wrist, only look at your left hand when you play and soon enough you'll forget about your whole wrist problem.
I tend to have my wrist raised away from the guitar body for more picking styles, and generally i'll lock my wrist in a sort of flick when i'm strumming. Don't know if this will help, and as Workhorse says, it's what you prefer.
Quote by alairson22
The last few days I've been trying to really concentrate on my picking and finding a good technique for me, but I've become completely obsessed with how my right wrist aligns to the guitar and which part of the wrist I should use for the strength to pluck the strings with my pick. I've become increasingly worse the more time I focus on it and am getting depressed and considering starting an emo band.

So to prevent this, is there any suggestions on where my wrist should be and what part I should use to hit the string?

Which part of your wrist? It's one joint, there's only one part that you can use for anything, I don't see the problem...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Which part of your wrist? It's one joint, there's only one part that you can use for anything, I don't see the problem...

http://www.theguitarsuite.com/Guitar-Technique/Right-Hand-Position.html

If you look at the pictures under right wrist, hand, and fingers from side view, it's what I mean. Whether it should be more straight or with that arch. I notice they both have completely different feels.
You do realise that's classical guitar technique and has little to no application to electric playing, right?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You do realise that's classical guitar technique and has little to no application to electric playing, right?

yeah. I was just talking about the pictures. But I took someones advice and stopped paying attention to it completely and I think the problem is just that I am unable to get comfortable with the pic.
Quote by alairson22

It's not often I say this but you're overthinking things a little here. The position of your wrist in relation to the guitar will fall into place on its own if you just follow a few simple principles:
- Keep the wrist straight, e.g. if you were to hold your arm out with your palm facing downward, you don't want it bent in the upward or downward direction.
- Move your hand from side to side as far as you can using only your wrist, this is your range of motion. You want to keep your wrist roughly in the centre of that range of motion when picking.
- Your picking is performed using the same kind of motion as you used when moving your hand from side to side, only this time, you're moving it much less in each direction.

Final point to remember is that you should move your arm at the elbow joint to position your hand over the string you want to pick and then use your wrist to perform the picking motion - this ensures that you're picking the same regardless of what string you're on and prevents awkward contortions in the wrist.

I hope at least something in there helps
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
It's not often I say this but you're overthinking things a little here. The position of your wrist in relation to the guitar will fall into place on its own if you just follow a few simple principles:
- Keep the wrist straight, e.g. if you were to hold your arm out with your palm facing downward, you don't want it bent in the upward or downward direction.
- Move your hand from side to side as far as you can using only your wrist, this is your range of motion. You want to keep your wrist roughly in the centre of that range of motion when picking.
- Your picking is performed using the same kind of motion as you used when moving your hand from side to side, only this time, you're moving it much less in each direction.

Final point to remember is that you should move your arm at the elbow joint to position your hand over the string you want to pick and then use your wrist to perform the picking motion - this ensures that you're picking the same regardless of what string you're on and prevents awkward contortions in the wrist.

I hope at least something in there helps

thank you very much.