say you have the budget to buy and maintain (cover all the expenses also gear and stuff) of a fighter plane. would it be possible to buy one for private use? (without arming it)
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by guitardWARf
say you have the budget to buy and maintain (cover all the expenses also gear and stuff) of a fighter plane. would it be possible to buy one for private use? (without arming it)

That would be several billion dollars, then.
Quote by Kumanji

Talk about an over-exaggeration.
PM me for newts
A few million. Calm down Kumanji.

Certain aircraft aren't allowed to be sold like the F-22a but I guess an older model you'd be able to pick up. I'm not sure how the government would feel about arming it though lol
Quote by due 07
Take all of that money and buy food to give to people instead.

Have you ever bought something you didn't need? You probably should have given the money to the homeless.
Last edited by blake1221 at May 27, 2011,
im sure the russians would sell you one
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Unfortunately, you can buy and do anything these days if you have enough money...
I saw an old decommissioned Russian fighter jet on ebay once for about £10,000.

Although that may have just been the starting bid
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

there was a teacher in my high school (though she's retired) who had a MiG fighter jet.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by bnull24
You can get old Russian military planes.

too bad im not really into the russian stuff
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by theogonia777
there was a teacher in my high school (though she's retired) who had a MiG fighter jet.

That's awesome.
Quote by Spartan101400
This thread makes my desires for a Stuka Dive Bomber even stronger.

or a nice B2
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by blake1221
That's awesome.

yeah, it was named "Stardust" so she used to alter Starburst packages (not the little twelve packs though, but larger bags) to say "Stardust," and she put them all up on the wall of her classroom. she said she would retire when she finished, but when she retired it was only about 3/4 of the way, but it was a pretty big classroom (probably at least 250' around the perimeter). not sure what kind of MiG though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Spartan101400
This thread makes my desires for a Stuka Dive Bomber even stronger.

I agree id give my left leg to have my own stuka, id spend my summer happily divebombing and strafing chavs off the streets of Northern Ireland
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Jeremy Clarkson bought a decommissioned Lightning jet fighter for his garden a few years ago... doesn't work or anything, but i'm sure i read that he paid £2 million for it.
Periphery, love that shit!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I agree id give my left leg to have my own stuka, id spend my summer happily divebombing and strafing chavs off the streets of Northern Ireland

+1000000
Quote by blake1221

Have you ever bought something you didn't need? You probably should have given the money to the homeless.
Yes, and I agree. I feel pretty bad about buying things I don't need, and I am reminded of one of my biggest shortcomings every day.
Quote by Kumanji

No it wouldn't.

Yes. Old fighter aircraft are regularly flown and maintained by private collectors, although it is, I believe, illegal to own one that's still in active/reserve service. But don't quote me on that last part.

E.g. L-39 Albatrosses have become something of a collectors favourite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-39_Albatros

EDIT - In case you can't be arsed to click the link, your rough price is about 2 - 3 hundred grand.

Quote by guitardWARf
too bad im not really into the russian stuff

Good luck finding a US jet that isn't ancient. They still keep F-4's as target drones, but they can be made airworthy with only minor modifications.
Last edited by LordBishek at May 27, 2011,
Quote by LordBishek
No it wouldn't.

Yes. Old fighter aircraft are regularly flown and maintained by private collectors, although it is, I believe, illegal to own one that's still in active/reserve service. But don't quote me on that last part.

Do want.

300,000? Worth it.
Quote by due 07
Yes, and I agree. I feel pretty bad about buying things I don't need, and I am reminded of one of my biggest shortcomings every day.

Who cares what the government would think? You'd have a fucking fighter jet!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Who cares what the government would think? You'd have a fucking fighter jet!

Well you would when they pulled this shit on you

Quote by rgrockr
Who cares what the government would think?

He would.
Quote by rgrockr
You'd have a fucking fighter jet!

Because they would have several. Thousand.
And lots of ammunition.
Quote by LordBishek
No it wouldn't.

EDIT - In case you can't be arsed to click the link, your rough price is about 2 - 3 hundred grand.

Good luck finding a US jet that isn't ancient. They still keep F-4's as target drones, but they can be made airworthy with only minor modifications.

yeah well im from belgium and they have actually sold perfectly good maintained F16's with al MLU updates and stuff like that in the past...
and whats the gouvernment gonna do in belgium technically we dont have one for the moment so :p
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by LordBishek
Oh dear mother of God, I want one of these

*quietly takes down F-22 and F-35 posters and replaces them with new aeropr0n*

the F35 helmet looks badass
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by theogonia777
teacher in my high school (though she's retired) who had a MiG fighter jet.

Quote by theogonia777
(though she's retired) who had a MiG fighter jet.

Quote by theogonia777
(though she's retired)

Quote by theogonia777
she

Quote by theogonia777
she

Quote by theogonia777
she

Quote by theogonia777
she

Quote by theogonia777
sheeeeeeeee

Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by LordBishek
Oh dear mother of God, I want one of these

*quietly takes down F-22 and F-35 posters and replaces them with new aeropr0n*

Man, the YF-23 was always the coolest.

More on topic: there's a dude at a local airport near where my dad works who keeps this old Corsair parked there. Never seen it fly but it's damn nice to look at. I think it's a Corsair, at least, it's been a while since I've seen it.

The newest thing I've ever heard of someone owning was an F-4 Phantom II. At least as far as the U.S. goes I think that's about as modern as you could get.
Last edited by Flying Couch at May 28, 2011,