I was planning to buy a Rockerverb used after I tried it out, but I can't try it out anywhere near me (in Sacramento, CA). I called GC, and they said they can order one for me if I put all the money down, but I really don't have all of the money for a used one. I called a few other stores that stock Orange, but one store only has the Rocker 30 and Thunder 30. I really don't feel like going over to some stranger's house to try one out, and even if I did, there's nobody near me last time I checked. What should I do? Are there any similar amps I can try out?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

you'll just have to suck it up and wait to try one when you have the money. if you don't like it you just return it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Buy it because it's tastey.

Or go check out the rocker 30, it's my dream amp.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I will definitely try out the Rocker 30. I'm tempted, but I subconsciously settled on the RV100

I may have to swallow my pride and settle for a Rocker 30
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Shoot, I just got a RV100 Wednesday, I'd invite you over but you're kinda far
Last time I was in the GC on Van Ness in SF they had a TON of Orange amps, I know it's a bit of a drive, but if you can make it, might be worth giving them a call.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by Business
Shoot, I just got a RV100 Wednesday, I'd invite you over but you're kinda far
Write a review for me. DO IT!!!

^I might actually do that. Maybe make it a small summer road trip
Quote by blackflag49

keep in mind that the 30 and the 100 are pretty different amps. both good but different.
^Yup. From clips alone, the RV100 sounds bigger and punchier. Have you tried both? What's the difference in person?
Quote by blackflag49

the rv is bigger and punchier in person.

it's got a bit more gain on tap for the overdrive channel.

it's got reverb and the effects loop.

it's more of a kitchen sink amp.

if you don't need all that stuff the rocker 30 is a good bet.
I've owned both the Rocker 30 and Rockerverb 100 (although both for a short time). It all depends on what you want to do. Basically, the RV does everything the Rocker can do, and then some. Want high gain? Gotta go with the RV, but turn the gain down and you've got some AC/DC. Want good cleans with reverb? Gotta go with the RV. Want to put pedals (EQ for some scoopish high gain, quality delay and modulators) in the loop? Gotta go with the RV. Wanna impress your friends? Go with...
Hmmm tough situation man. I would hold out for the RV100 though. It'll be well worth the extra wait. I can't really thing of any amps that are similar either. Orange kind of have their own little flavor flav going on.
Orange Rockerverb 100MKII
Orange PPC412C
Fender Telecaster: Hotrails, Air Norton, Area '58
Bass big muff
Russian big muff
Boss OC-3
Boss DD-3
Quote by DefRebelOrange
Orange kind of have their own little flavor flav going on.

Do believe the hype
Not missing anything, IMO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
What just went on in the last three posts???
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by bingeandletgo
What just went on in the last three posts???

I can't speak for the other two, but I took my traditional approach of downplaying the Rocker series every chance I get because I think it's crap.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Guy above me said Orange amps have a unique quality
Then I made a Public Enemy referenced joke
Then some other guy said he didn't care much for the RV
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I can't speak for the other two, but I took my traditional approach of downplaying the Rocker series every chance I get because I think it's crap.

Blasphemy!

Overpriced?

...probably, but not crap
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
Blasphemy!

Overpriced?

...probably, but not crap

Nah, too dark to be interesting.

Too ugly to be likable.

The Thunder series and OR/AD are far superior.