Hi all

Hi bought a 1 year old Fender deluxe 40 watt 2nd hand

it started making problem

When i turn it on (standby) i let the tube warm up few min.

Then turn the standby on to get the sound!

Nothing no sound nada ? nothing comes out

then i have to close the amp off and put it back on to make it work !

Help!

do i need new tubes ?

oh yes i had also son weird fried bacon sound the other night with the band

Mike
You should turn the standby "off" to get sound. When the standby is "on" it cuts the sound and keeps the tube heaters on. The "fried bacon" could be a lot of things. Does it do it all the time? It could just be outside electrical interference. Try a different outlet or try the amp in a different building or room. Might just be tube biasing, might be worse but check the simple things first.
Fried bacon... Grab some lettuce and tomato! Just kidding.

The fried bacon noise isn't likely anything to do with biasing. The static you're hearing could be arcing in one or more of the tubes. It could also be a bad/dirty connection or a bad cable.
Quote by SWilson
You should turn the standby "off" to get sound. When the standby is "on" it cuts the sound and keeps the tube heaters on. The "fried bacon" could be a lot of things. Does it do it all the time? It could just be outside electrical interference. Try a different outlet or try the amp in a different building or room. Might just be tube biasing, might be worse but check the simple things first.

Don't know about the problem but just to put it out there, on the HRD you turn the standby switch to on to turn the standby off- if that makes any sense. They probably did it like ON on the standby switch is to turn the amp ON.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)