not sure where this should go,

I can not get feedback from my guitar. As a Hendrix and Anastasio fan who admires their use of feedback it's driving me nuts.
I've got an Ibanez AR 200 running through an RP50 (I bypass the pedal completely for a clean tone) a digitech Tri-wah pedal and a tubescreamer distortion into a Fender Frontman 65R amp.

I played a gig the other day through a different person's pedal/amp set up with my guitar and had some freakin awesome feedback coming out of that set up (we pulled out Hendrix's Machine Gun and it was amazing). I can not for the life of me get any feedback out of my current set up though and I don't know why.

Any tips on how to do this?
Thanks!
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Crank it.

It wasn't the amp at the gig that was getting the feedback, it was the volume; if you're playing at 'home' volumes then it's probably not going to happen.

If that doesn't work, kick in a little more gain and make sure there are no noise gates in the RP50 signal or anything like that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at May 27, 2011,
I'd try going straight into the amp and see if you can get feedback that way first... From my experience with the amp ur using.. all i could get was horrid squealing feedback.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Crank it.

It wasn't the amp at the gig that was getting the feedback, it was the volume; if you're playing at 'home' volumes then it's probably not going to happen.

If that doesn't work, kick in a little more gain and make sure there are no noise gates in the RP50 signal or anything like that.

This.

Feedback=pure physics.

If there's not enough energy in the sound waves your speaker is generating to vibrate the strings you won't get feedback, regardless of how else you set your amp or how much gain you use.

Solid state feedback can sound pretty nasty though so be prepared for it not sounding so great through the Frontman.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com