Hey guys,

I've been having an issue with my guitar, the bridge EMG-81 to be specific.

Its not responsive, meaning no signal goes through. I've just changed my strings (floyd rose) and took the humbucker out to make sure the connection wasn't loose and it was out a little bit by 2-3mm and I pushed it back in, reset my strings tuned up and tried it but still a no-go.

I've checked my toggle switch there are no loose solders everything looks fine, my volume knob is a little loose on the body of the guitar but my neck humbucker works fine, no problems there. I changed the battery as well didn't help.

Anything else I can check/try? Or has my humbucker gone to heaven.
Damn. I think you've checked just about everything. I'd say take it to a shop and have someone check it out they might come across something you haven't thought of.
Last edited by T7E at May 27, 2011,
Could be that the wire for that humbucker got damaged somehow. Luckily, if that is the case, with EMG's all you'd need to do is buy a new quick connect cable.

Everything is soldered well, there's no bad connections anywhere?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've checked for loose/bad solders everything seems fine, every solder is sturdy. Cant live on neck EMG81 all my life. Dunno what to do.
Did you check the battery? Could be dead or not clipped in right.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
If you have a soldering iron around, you should probably go and redo all of the wiring anyway.

When I have a problem, and I can't figure out what it is, I just redo all of the electronics from scratch, and it has fixed the problem i had every time. Sometimes something is wrong with the wiring, even though we can't see it with our eyes.

It's kind of annoying, but it happens.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X