Page 1 of 2
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/ap_on_re_us/us_campaign_money;_ylt=Ar_cj784zsyznTLwJDQgzGms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFlYnR2ZXRjBHBvcwM2MwRzZWMDYWNjb3JkaW9uX3Vfc19uZXdzBHNsawN1c2p1ZGdlcnVsZXM-

"A U.S. judge has ruled that the campaign finance law banning corporations from making contributions to federal candidates is unconstitutional, saying that a recent Supreme Court decision gives companies the same right to donate as individual citizens enjoy.

In a ruling issued late Thursday, U.S. District Judge James Cacheris tossed out part of an indictment against two people charged with illegally reimbursing donors to Hillary Clinton's 2006 Senate and 2008 presidential campaigns.

Cacheris says that under the Supreme Court's landmark Citizens United decision last year, corporations have the right to give to federal candidates.
"
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Thats ****ing bullshit. They know god damn right that corporations should not be able to contribute as people, they have so much more money it would be impossible to justify that as legal.

**** this country.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

As if they don't already.

All the law did was make it so the transactions had to be hidden from public record. We all know (or at least I hope we do) that big corporations are a major source of political campaign funding, illegal as it might have been.
Last edited by Seref at May 27, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani
inb4zootshitstorm.

He already posted. I see no shitstorm, brah.

OT: The judge's ruling is dictated by the Citizens United ruling. The snippet of his opinion in the article makes it sound as though he was somewhat conflicted about throwing out the indictments.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Zoot Allures
A very good article, you should read the one about prison labour in the US too.

You should also listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oraMv_V6V1s&feature=related

Is Grinderman UG's new BTBAM? It seems like you make them relevant to everything

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Zoot Allures
Yes, also i'm trying to drive due slowly insane >_>

ಠ_ಠ

I'm listening to their first album now.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles
Is Grinderman UG's new BTBAM? It seems like you make them relevant to everything

Grinderman is always relevant. Always.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Das_Skittles
ಠ_ಠ

I'm listening to their first album now.
It's his way of rick rolling me. I hate Grinderman. Hate hate hate hate. Not as much as this court ruling, but still.
That's ****ing bullshit. If American politicians couldn't receive so much money from corporations in return for favourable legislature, then there wouldn't be near the amount of corruption there is now. That's why Canada has a $1000 cap for any individual, organization or corporation.
What the hell did you guys think would happen? If you endorse a capitalist system it's going to produce these kinds of results.
Quote by due 07
It's his way of rick rolling me. I hate Grinderman. Hate hate hate hate. Not as much as this court ruling, but still.

You just hate them because they're better than your silly hipster shit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
You just hate them because they're better than your silly hipster shit.

His last.fm looks like it's mostly early pop punk and some shoegaze...

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles

In the UG mafia chat room he's always going on about hipster shit.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Das_Skittles

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
In the UG mafia chat room he's always going on about hipster shit.
It's true, but I'm no redFF.
Quote by Pat_s1t
That's ****ing bullshit. If American politicians couldn't receive so much money from corporations in return for favourable legislature, then there wouldn't be near the amount of corruption there is now. That's why Canada has a $1000 cap for any individual, organization or corporation.

The U.S. has a 4,000 cap, but check bundling makes anything possible.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
You should all become citizens of my NationStates thingy. It's way better than Amerika.

**** you my NationStates is the best NationState in all of NationStates

No really. I got mad economy, yo.
Quote by Seref
**** you my NationStates is the best NationState in all of NationStates

No really. I got mad economy, yo.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hridayness

Come at me, bro.
I just made one, in my sig. This is cool, even though my economy is failing miserably

I'm going to turn it into a full fledged anarcho-syndicalist commune.
There will be a mass Exodus to the promised land of Canada if Sarah Palin gets elected because of this.
Good decision by the courts. Stop the discrimination against the rich!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
not surprising. corporations are people according to the courts.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Das_Skittles

They are much, much better than BTBAM. This is a move in a direction I approve of.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
not surprising. corporations are people according to the courts.

No they're not. Corporations are classified as a seperate legal entity with their own priveleges and liabilities distinct from the priveleges and liabilities assigned to individuals. They're only recognised to have the same rights and responsibilities as normal people.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Page 1 of 2