I haven't seen it either.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
uh... doesn't it say its in the key of d/f#, not the tuning of d/f#?
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
maybe its just in standard? I'm going to play it later tonight, ill see how it sounds
Im going to have to say it's the CHORD D/F#...You play your basic D "cowboy" chord (xxx232), but you add an F# on the 6th string (2xx232).
whoever said it's in the key of D/F# is clueless. really, your enthusiasm is appreciated, but get thee to a theory book.

teflonninja absolutely nailed it. i see that it says it's in that key, but there's no such thing as the key of D/F#. this is where knowing theory really helps, guys. you can make heads or tails of crappy charts on the interwebs.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Last edited by AeolianWolf at May 27, 2011,
Quote by AeolianWolf
whoever said it's in the key of D/F# is clueless. really, your enthusiasm is appreciated, but get thee to a theory book.

teflonninja absolutely nailed it. i see that it says it's in that key, but there's no such thing as the key of D/F#. this is where knowing theory really helps, guys. you can make heads or tails of crappy charts on the interwebs.

+1

The person on the link who said it was in the key of D/F# probably was tired or something, and its probably just a simple mistake. We've all done it before, we know I have...
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
how can anybody who knows what a key is say anything is in the key of d/f#...those are 2 different notes people! unless it means it starts in the key of d and changes to f# i guess but i haven't clicked on the link yet so idk
Quote by TMVATDI
how can anybody who knows what a key is say anything is in the key of d/f#...those are 2 different notes people! unless it means it starts in the key of d and changes to f# i guess but i haven't clicked on the link yet so idk

I still havent clicked on it, and that was around two hours ago.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
I think its more likely that the person who uploaded the tab learned that the key is whatever chord the song feels at home with and put it as D/F# without considering how silly it is
It's a chord inversion. D major with F# as it's lowest tone. D major 1st inversion. I want to cry seeing how few new that.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Either the web page or the person who wrote it just picked the first chord in the song as the key of the song. That works in a lot of cases but not when the first chord is D/F# !
the only thing i could think of it being is tuned to an open D chord with the F# in the lowest note, like a D in 1st inversion
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Look at the link. It's saying the key is D/F# merely because that's the first chord of the song. That's a pure example of not knowing what keys are, then creating a computer program to identify the key of a song.

Otherwise here's the chords of the song:

Intro: D/F# Dm/F Em7 A7

Verse:
Bb F C G
Bb F C
Bb F C G
Bb F
Ab Eb C

Chorus:

D Dmaj7
D7
G D
D Dmaj7
D7
G
D/F# Dm/F Em7 A7

Now use theory to find the key/s.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud