Ok well here's my first thread/post on these forums

I got my ESP MH-327 today. It's got Floyd Rose Special, Duncan pickups, locking nuts. Three things I've never had or tried yet so this guitar got me stoked! But *drum roll* there's a problem!

As the title says but there's more to it. I'm a total newb with FR trem and locking nuts. Just like my two other guitars (cheap starter ones) I tuned it up. As soon as I strummed back from the top, the strings were totally detuned (down a whole step). I looked for vids and read the manual like a man but those didn't help.

I also want to know how I can keep it tuned in drop C without it changing overnight or in this case, after 15 seconds.

Thank you,
Newb
professional set up at a shop. it's not good to mess with trem systems unless you know what you're doing.
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
The FRS is supposed to be pretty reliable and the pups won't affect tuning so you should check your nut and/or tuners.

You might need to stretch your strings if you haven't done it already.

As for drop C, I think you'll have to add another spring.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

1. I'll take your suggestion and bring it to the shop
2. I added another spring according to a vid
3. Yeah it comes with FRS, I didn't add it.
Quote by BobDetroit
An ESP comes with a Floyd Rose Special?

It's an LTD. People just have a bad habit of never distinguishing the two.

TS, read through this. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226 Everything you need to know is in there.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah this is basic Floyd Rose stuff. When you tune one string up, the others go flat. When you tune a string down, the others go sharp. If you want to use a tuning that the guitar currently isn't set up for - it's probably set up for E Standard tuning with either .09 or .10 strings - you need to put on new strings (thicker for lower tunings, thinner for higher tunings) and adjust the spring tension at the back of the guitar until the new strings and the springs balance each other in the new tuning.
Put graphite on the string grooves
of the nut. You can just use a pencil.

Tabdog
Quote by carr4600
professional set up at a shop. it's not good to mess with trem systems unless you know what you're doing.

Or you take an hour or two to learn how balance a tremolo yourself and save yourself a shitload of cash?

Its not rocket science. Even i can do it..