Work in progress so im still tiding it up here and there. Im happy enough with the riffs but im still trying to make the transitions run smoother. Let me know what you think so far...
Attachments:
TAB.gp5
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Quote by Tarbosh
I swear I've heard this song like 50 times before. Please, come up with something original if you're going to post anything -core on here...

I see in your profile you have written "I hate metalcore and deathcore" so why exactly did you even bother downloading it and listening? So im sorry i can't take your comment seriously as you obviously have a hatred for the genre. Have a nice day
Okay, honestly, my first impression was that it was incredibly well written. Excellent job. However, I agree with Tarbosh, its very generic, it sounds like something exactly out of an ABR song. I thought it was very great writing, but its not something Id listen to over and over you know? Just telling you so that yo understand. If youre okay with producing music of this sort, then you are doing a fine job at it. However, it really wouldn't help to be a little less generic....I mean jeez, just throw in some clean post-rock interludes or something, its just breakdown - riff - breakdown - breakdown.

But again, very impressive writing.
It really is incredibly generic. I find it hard to crit pieces like this when structurally and musically there's nothing to complain about, it's just the relentless un-originality and apparent regurgitation of songs that are 10 years old that makes these sort of songs seem poor.

I'm not trying to be a dick and it's not that I have a massive burning hatred of all things core, I used to write pieces like this. I just think that before you become a better writer and composer you have to be told that writing music that's been written before isn't gonna help you improve, you need to push yourself to be as original and thought provoking with your music as possible.

Unless of course you want to be a generic core band, in which case you're doing a good job. If this makes you happy stick with it.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
I disagree with all your comments.

Well written music makes the difference.
If it's catchy, then it's good.

Don't forget this would be kick ass on recording.

Good job buddy ( even though I m not a big fan of this style )
Last edited by Sympho at May 28, 2011,
Quote by Sympho
I disagree with all your comments.

Well written music makes the difference.
If it's catchy, then it's good.

Fair enough.

And I agree with you there and I would say ABR are about the only current metalcore band who are catchy and interesting enough. Their progressive influences, superb musicianship, excellent writing and perfect execution make them stand out.
As much as this song is decent, it's not up to ABR standards.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Dude, I'm not that into metalcore, I'm more into thrash and prog among other non-metal things. You fall into the stereotype of all metalcore bands with your music. Try to break away make some soft clean section with loads of bass or something like that. Kill the stereotype.
you're a stone fox
I know what you mean i always want to put clean sections in but i always add vocals later and i can't sing, at all. And further more i can't get a good clean sound recording.
Quote by Tarbosh
I swear I've heard this song like 50 times before. Please, come up with something original if you're going to post anything -core on here...

+1000000000
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.