Page 1 of 2
So I rocked up at the local music store yesterday hoping to try out the PRS SE 22 they had on display but this is what it turned into:

On 27/5/11 I visited the my local music store with a friend hoping to try out a PRS SE 22 guitar which was on display. After browsing the guitar section for a short time I approached a staff member, '------', to ask if I could try out the PRS guitar. I was given a reply of simply 'no'. Thinking this to be sarcasm, I returned to the guitar on the wall, waiting for the member to come and help me. He continued to talk to another staff member present and failed to provide assistance. I returned to the counter to ask for help. Once I again I was told a blunt 'no'. I then returned to the guitar section once again with my friend, not knowing why I was not receiving service. After the other staff member left the room, both my friend and I approached ----- again asking why I could not try the guitar I had inquired about. He approached both of us and sarcastically asked why I wanted to try the guitar. I explained I was interested in the model and wanted to try before I made any commitments to a purchase. He proceeded to tell me that I did not need to hear the guitar as it 'sounds like every other electric guitar' followed by a very sarcastic 'do you know what an electric guitar sounds like'? My friend and I attempted to reason with the staff member, as obviously those statements were both very untrue. From here '------' accused myself of not being serious about the guitar and that I was only seeking to 'fill in my afternoon'. I assured him this was not the case as I was very interested in the guitar as it was now very well within my price range. He then explained that by the way I 'entered the store' that he could tell I was not serious and I was not allowed to simply try the guitar. My friend and I then proceeded to leave the store.
This has completely destroyed my faith in my local music store which I have been a faithful customer of for many years now. I found this experience very confronting and am disgusted in the manner I was spoken to and treated. Also, I am disgusted with the way I was judged by simply entering the store. Both myself and many of my friends have been treated in a similar manner by this staff member previously and do not understand how he continues to be allowed to treat people in this way. Despite this store being the ONLY store in the area stocking this model and brand of guitar, I have no intention of ever returning the the my local music outlet and will now take my business elsewhere.

That's copied from an email I'm sending to customer assistance soon, though I removed the guys name and the store's name.

But yeah, turned up and the dude straight up refused to let me try the guitar thinking I was just wasting his time even though I've only ever tried two guitars there in the past 3 years or so. I was pretty surprised, he's a been a total prick to my friends and I before but not this bad, definitely looking to having a go at his manager next time I'm in there!
On 27/5/11 I visited the my local music store

You should fix that.

Also:
I found this experience very confronting

Not sure that's a correct usage of the word?

Anyway I've heard stories like this all the time but I've never encountered anyone that rude. Sounds frustrating.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
shit in a box and mail it to the store with the employee's name on it. do this every day for 2 weeks.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by GodofCheesecake
You should fix that.

Also:
Not sure that's a correct usage of the word?

Anyway I've heard stories like this all the time but I've never encountered anyone that rude. Sounds frustrating.

I removed references to the actual name of the store
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Hey, I don't know where but I once heard that BTBAM is always relevant.

On topic, That sucks. You should definitely send that email, it sounds good.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Rape him.
And then pillage the guitar store as well as his house.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
If I had a nickel for every Aussie who walked into my store to mess around with the guitars with no intent of purchasing them I'd be a very rich man and consequently would not work in a local music shop.
Considering your love of Karnivool and the difficulty in finding PRS, I am guessing you r in Australia like me?
That sucks! I probably tried every possible guitar in the store when I bought my Schecter... That guy has no idea what he's talking about!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Yeah, I have to say that many of the "friendly staff" in some of Australia's music stores are unknowledgeable pr***s. That's why I'm making my own guitar, and going to America at the end of the year to buy an amp/guitar FX
You say you've been a loyal customer for years, as have others who this guy's been a dick to.

I guarantee if multiple longtime, loyal customers all come in together and complain about the same type of mistreatment from one guy, there'll be some reprimand. Bonus if you're friends with other salespeople, and he's a dick to them too - Rudeness to coworkers is plain unacceptable. Even more points if you know the manager, in which case he'll give your word a lot of value.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 28, 2011,
Yep, I'll get my mate who was with me to complain and a few others might visit the store to tell them of their run in's with the dude. I don't personally know anyone working there but they've seen a fair bit of me over the years seeing as I bought my first guitar, two drum kits and had lessons there.

Quote by T7E
Considering your love of Karnivool and the difficulty in finding PRS, I am guessing you r in Australia like me?

I certainly am! Now I've gotta go to Melbourne to try one out =/

Quote by RU Experienced?
If I had a nickel for every Aussie who walked into my store to mess around with the guitars with no intent of purchasing them I'd be a very rich man and consequently would not work in a local music shop.

I totally understand however, I'm 100% honestly looking to buy one :p
Quote by DJ_Effrey
Yeah, I have to say that many of the "friendly staff" in some of Australia's music stores are unknowledgeable pr***s. That's why I'm making my own guitar, and going to America at the end of the year to buy an amp/guitar FX

Do you want a Line6 Spider? Thats what you'll get in America...
Quote by Drummerrrrr?

I certainly am! Now I've gotta go to Melbourne to try one out =/

*checks profile*

*says from Melbourne*

*confused...*

OT: I hate trying to find guitars in RADelaide that aren't Gibby/Epi, Fender or Ibanez, as nobody seems to give a rat's ass about anything else!
Somehow I suspect that there is a significant aspect of this story omitted to make you look favorable.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by RU Experienced?

Good to know in that, in this relationship, it's not the Aussies with a broomstick up their ass
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Well, I'd say two things...

1) You conveniently failed to mention how it is you entered the store and
2) I believe Xiaoxi to be correct in his assumption and finally
3) I will believe you and say the employee is a stupid prick simply b/c we share the same avatar
Last edited by axethrower13 at May 28, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?

A lot of people go on to clothing stores to try stuff on that they don't particularly want to spend money on...

Also, spending money on a guitar you havent even heard being played is pretty ridiculous
Good email man, I've found a lot of people who work in music shops are, frankly, cunts. I hate that word, but my God a lot of people deserve its' title.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by KTFM
*checks profile*

*says from Melbourne*

*confused...*

OT: I hate trying to find guitars in RADelaide that aren't Gibby/Epi, Fender or Ibanez, as nobody seems to give a rat's ass about anything else!

2 hours out of Melbourne actually, I just put Melbourne to make it easier
Exactly the same here, I was actually really surprised they had a PRS in.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Good email man, I've found a lot of people who work in music shops are, frankly, cunts. I hate that word, but my God a lot of people deserve its' title.

Yep that's about the best word to summarise this guy, was very hard to refrain from using the word when I was talking to him!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Biggest +1 ever.

Some of the people at Allan's Music in the city...

Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by T7E

I got that from where it says "Australia" next to his location
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by KTFM
Allan's in general is just bullshit... Especially since they bought out their only real competition...

Where do you buy gear man?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I hate snotty guitar stores, there sure are alot of them and unfortunetly they usually have the best gear.
Being a lefty I usually dont have much choices anyway, but one time I go into one of my routine stores and see a brand new Les Paul Standard behind the booth, having only played the shitty(imo) Studios at Guitar Center I had to try it out and see how it matched up to my Heritage H-150 I had parted ways with. Now I knew the guitar tech working is one of the biggest dickheads I've ever met and wouldnt give it to some kid; so I wait untill he goes into the other room then run behind and plug that bad boy in...when he came back he was all pissed and got the owner to come in the room, but I was making that thing sing and the owner wasn't even mad, he sure was. It was sort of a douche move on my part, kinda ducked my way out....but WORTH IT
That's good, but two little things:

1. Fix the spelling and grammar first. I'll do it for you if you want.
2. As well as emailing, find their address and post it. Posted letters get a lot more attention from the company than emails do.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Somehow I suspect that there is a significant aspect of this story omitted to make you look favorable.

+1. And to be honest it must be really annoying having people come in and play whatever they want, with no intention of buying it.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
He couldn't take you seriously because he could tell you're just a Drummerrr.

No but that would really piss me off, I wouldn't be able to stand that. Good luck with your email (but fix the grammar first)
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I know how you feel bro...people who work at important guitar stores tend to be cocky pricks.

Shop online and f*ck them i say! F*CK THEM!
I feel bad now for trying out guitars in my music store just so that I can jam
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Be a little less subjective by actually telling them how you entered the store, then proceeding to tell them that that shouldn't have sufficed a refusal of service for any reason.

Also, I like the shitting in a box idea.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by piratemetalhead
A lot of people go on to clothing stores to try stuff on that they don't particularly want to spend money on...

Also, spending money on a guitar you havent even heard being played is pretty ridiculous

On the whole, clothes tend to be a lot cheaper to buy, a lot cheaper to replace/fix and probably a lot harder to "break" when trying them.
Quote by Brownerz
I feel bad now for trying out guitars in my music store just so that I can jam

That's what it's really about about 1/1000 of us actually buy the guitar after.
Quote by KTFM

Billy Hyde and Allans both stock Jacksons, Billy Hyde have too many Schecters and they at least used to have PRS too. Billy Hyde have Gretsch and Maton too.

Derringers, while they're mostly Gibsons, have a few decent ESPs, Warwicks and they had a couple of strange Line 6 guitars last time I was there.

Holden Hill Music have a shit load of ESPs, they also do BC Richs and occasionally I'll see a Music Man.

And they're just the three I go to.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I don't care cause you talk like someone on judge judy, you say " proceeded to" so much that it's just plainly obvious that to some extent you're completely full of shit.
Page 1 of 2