Hey guys so i got a bunch of stuff at christmas and a new guitar about a month ago, i figured ide do a review now after i have had a good long time to test it all out.

So first up: Boss TU-3

For my first 5 years of guitar playing i was stuck with a Korg-CU-30, thinking that a floor tuner was a waste of cash, however after 5 years i got sick of having to unplug my guitar from my amp and ask good old mother to get me a TU-3.

So after having it for about 5 months i have gain literally minutes of my life back .
But really its a great little pedal, tunes nice and fast, and doesn't freak out if i go down to drop B on occasion like my Korg did. It will last forever on a single 9v, but now i use a adaptor because i use it to power another pedal ( which is a really nice addition to be able to power other pedals from it ) The display is clear and bright very positive display.

Second is : Boss NS-2

Like my TU-3 i went for years thinking it was unnecessary, oh boy how i was wrong.
As soon as i pluged it in i instantly wandered why the hell i hadn't got one sooner. I use a Krank Rev Jr 20w and play many of the various genres of metal etc... so my amp can have a bit of a hiss with the gain i use, this thing killed it completely. Also when set to a harsh threshold its awesome for fast stops and killing accidental harmonics etc... Some people people don't like the idea that this pedal isn't true bypass and i was also slightly wary at first, but i find while it does slightly colour my tone, i actually like what it adds and run it all the time because of this. I run my NS-2 in the X configuration and my amp is pretty much silent even when the gain and and master volume are "Kranked".

Third: Digitech RP 255

I had wanted effects like delay, reverb, chorus and flanger etc... for the clean stuff i play and i had never had any other than when i used amplitube which i hate. so i asked my father for the RP 255 for xmas, and i was fairly happy with but not over the moon with it i was really disappointed with the distortions and amp-sims. However after a few months of playing i have grown to like it, the delay, reverb, chorus and flanger etc... are perfect for what i need them for i dont need boutique sounds just something that will get me by. Also i realised something i was doing wrong with the distortions, it has a switch for amp or mixer output, which i was apparently blind to. but when set correctly made a world of difference, but still when playing through my Krank on the clean channel using the on bored distortions i still think it has a long way to go. but you plug this thing in to your monitors and set it to mixer is when it really comes alive, i haven't found a single pre-set i don't like when playing though my monitors. Very helpfully it also acts as a recording interface, and i have used it a lot for that and for my purposes it works perfectly.

Here is a clip of my most recent recording i did with it.

http://soundcloud.com/thedysnomia/eris-by-dysnormia

Now i have saved the best to last:

My new ESP LTD M-1000, 02 model.

In the 6-7 years i have been playing guitar i have wanted this guitar but never had the cash, and about a month ago i did at long last.

A little back story first, i got this off ebay for a great deal of £400 about £200 less than most other guitars like this were going for. But i think i got this so cheap because it had a cracked neck pickup ring and some slightly rusty pickup ring screws, which i can imagine put people off, not me however, i spent an extra 20 quid and got my self another pick up ring a new set of strings some guitar polish. And when the guitar arrived i striped it down took out the OFR striped that cleaned it put it back in. I got some masking tape and some 0000 grade wire wool and gave the frets a polish and re levelled on a couple of frets.

So after the big clean i put it all back together restrung it set the action and intonation and did the trus rod.

And after all of that, man i have the best playing guitar i have ever played.

So lets get to the review, The neck is amazing, is comfortable to play i can play for hours with out getting cramps on pain, compared to my ibanez where my hand starts to hurt after 30 mins. The sound from this is great its my first time using active pick-ups and i have to say, i don't think i going back to passives any time soon. Because this is the 02 model it come with a OFR made in Germany not the 1000 series that comes with the newer models and its a awesome bit of kit, although i will say i was slightly disappointed with the sustain so im going to be investing in a new sustain block soon which will hopefully fix that.

The finnsih on the guitar is ok i was again slightly disappointed in how easy it can be scratched compared to my jackson, which has took a beating and has hardly any marks, but i sat in my chair and it scraped the arm and put a nice big scratch on the back, but never mind i don't see myself selling this guitar for years to come so its all good.

Again in-case you missed it here is a recording i have done with the M-1000 and digitech RP255

http://soundcloud.com/thedysnomia/eris-by-dysnormia

Hope you enjoyed my reviews pictures and clips

Many thanks James.
Last edited by wozzsta at May 28, 2011,
Nice, New gear day!

And I bet that LTD plays like a beauty.

I'm going to be probably checking out an MH1000, pretty excited

Very nice, HNGD man! I am also looking for a new guitar..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
That clip is so sweet. I wish I could write like that.

What'd you use for the drums?

Hi i used superior drummer 2, and drummagog with some .gog files from Steven slate drums.
Quote by Levi79
I'm surprised how good the tone is coming from that RP. But you have some nice riffs there dude. I hope see more from you. Sick guitar too man, enjoy it.

This.

I could never get a tone like that back when I had my RP250. Thing sounded terrible no matter what I did with it.. Especially with recording. Mind you I was just going through the line-in since I don't have an interface, but whatever. Shit sound.

Also replying to TS: Those drums sound pretty awesome. I'd hate to shell out the cash for one of those drum programs, but it seems I have to since I can't find anything free online. I'm just starting to get into recording.. Need drums.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
This.

I could never get a tone like that back when I had my RP250. Thing sounded terrible no matter what I did with it.. Especially with recording. Mind you I was just going through the line-in since I don't have an interface, but whatever. Shit sound.

Also replying to TS: Those drums sound pretty awesome. I'd hate to shell out the cash for one of those drum programs, but it seems I have to since I can't find anything free online. I'm just starting to get into recording.. Need drums.

ah i dunno if the RP250 had a usb port or not, but i used the RP255 as an interface.

its just

Guitar --> RP255 --> laptop --> reaper

Also yeah ide hate to pay for all the drum programs i use as well