So I've been looking at getting a Squier Tele Custom, but I was turned off by the fact that it did not have the Tele Deluxe 70's large headstock on the maple neck. I found this steal on eBay, and an idea immediatly came to mind, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Would a Squier Stratocaster neck (with the large headstock, of course) fit on this guitar?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Said steal: http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SQUIER-TELE-CUSTOM-BODY-LOADED-2003-WOW-NR-/150608262015?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2310f3b37f
you should check the specs of the guitar with the large headstock neck and compare them with the specs of the squier tele custom. if they have the same number of frets and the same nut width, i think you should be ok.
Teles have squared off neck ends, Strats have rounded. You will have to do some filing/shimming to get it to fit properly
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Yeah I realized that last night after some research. I found that the radius of strat necks are different from those of the tele, and buying a real telecaster deluxe neck with the large headstock will cost more than the guitar is actually worth. I might as well just get over the headstock gripe and buy the darned thing new. -____-
You get used to the headstock, when I got my squier tele custom I considered changing the neck for the headstock but I got over it quickly.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I don't know...I've been playing my friends for months now and I haven't gotten used to it, but I probably will if I do end up purchasing it. :/