I have a Randall RG150 (pre-Washburn ), but it won't get into high-gain territory. I like to use it because it's got a really unique tone and a great bluesy distortion that I tend to actually prefer over most of my tube amps. The only thing it could use is tightening up (but I'm getting a MXR 10-band for that), and that the distortion basically won't push past a classic rock or classic metal tone, so any metal that I try to play ends up sounding Maiden-ish. I can take the gain to around 2 o'clock but it just ends up turning into a muddy mess after that.

So what can I do? Could I get away with putting a TS in front of it, even though it's SS? If not, what distortion pedals would you recommend? or would anybody want to trade for a vh140c?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
...Bro, what metal are you playing that it can't handle? Randall RGs are some of the highest gain amps in existence.

Try turning it up.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
...Bro, what metal are you playing that it can't handle? Randall RGs are some of the highest gain amps in existence.

Try turning it up.

I've always found it kinda lacking, but it really showed today when I tried some In Flames. And supposedly they do have lots of gain, maybe it's just the "alpha hybrid" RG150H's? Or maybe my amp is fucked up?

I can't really turn it up, I play in my bedroom and it's a 150w amp :/ But the few times I have, the OD seems weaker?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at May 28, 2011,