Hey everyone I was wondering about the tuners on my American Deluxe Strat. They seem a little loose to me, especially on the G String which when I go to tune it, it seems very loose before you turn it and hear the pitch change... Now at first it didn't bother me as much I thought maybe it was fine, but today I played another Strat at Guitar Center which was about the same model except mine has a humbucker and an LSR roller nut but I noticed that those tuning machines felt better, tighter and as if they actually worked better? I don't know if theres something up with that or how I could fix this on my strat? Usually when I use other guitars all the tuners feel the same but the thinner strings on mine dont

I think both models have the same tuning machines on them yet mine feel much looser on the G B and e strings. Does anyone know what the problem might be (if it is a problem) or what I could do to my current tuning machines? Would I have to buy new tuning machines or something?

Mine: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratADHM3TS/
Strat I played today: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratADARTSB/

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
try taking them off and disassembling them the next time you change your strings. If the problem continues, just replace them. You'll already know how to do it from removing the stock ones the first time.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
The machine heads on your guitar are the Schaller locking ones. These are excellent tuners. I've been putting Schallers on my Fenders since about 1970 and don't happen to think you can get anything better in inline tuners.

Do you use .009 ~ .042 strings (Ernie Ball Super Slinky or similar)? They will have a much looser feel than the .010 ~ .046 strings that come on new Fender (and most other electric) guitars. The string tension on lighter guage strings is considerably lower (which is why they are easier to do bends with).

It also may be the way you're stringing them, if you're wrapping them around the posts. You don't need to do this with the locking tuners.

The fact that your problem is with the unwound, lighter strings makes me think there is nothing wrong with the tuners. Even Schaller can have a bad one in the set... but three? That seems unlikely.
I use 10's and i don't wrap them around the posts, I dont know, they just feel really slippy compared to other guitars where you actually have to use a little bit of strength to wind
My Gear:

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
If you tighten the screws on the tuner buttons, it will tighten the feel of the tuner. You don't need to tighten them much to get them to be stiff.
Quote by littlephil
If you tighten the screws on the tuner buttons, it will tighten the feel of the tuner. You don't need to tighten them much to get them to be stiff.

See that's what i was thinking I just didnt know if that would screw it up or anything, might give it a shot
My Gear:

Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss BF-2 Flanger)