Hi,I own an Ibanez RGT6EX,and have 10-46 gauge strings tuned to E standard.Ever since I've done this the bridge has risen up a lot.I can't use the whammy bar since it gets stuck in the volume knob.Previously,I had no such problem when I had 09-42 gauge strings.The G string has also started buzzing really bad.I think this is because the action is quite low,but the other strings are all good.What do you think could be causing this problem?
Should I just add a 4th spring at the back to relieve the tension or is there some other remedy?
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
If you have changed string gauge on a guitar with a locking trem system you must adjust the spring tension.
You need to relieve the tension but adding a 4th spring may actually add too much tension, in which case loosen off the screws on the claw the springs are attached to at their loop end. You could always tighten your 3 string setup, either will work, just make the bridge paralel by adding tension in some way. Remember to tune as you go! Small adjustment then tune up, check if it's right, if it's not adjust it and tune up etc.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I've already tightened the 3 springs but it's not working.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Quote by simba1312
I've already tightened the 3 springs but it's not working.

then you need more springs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
you need a spring my friend.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok,thanks for the replies.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog