Which one sounds better, is more durable, holds tuning better, has better pick-ups etc...
we need more info.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
I'm thinking the epi. ltd's in my experience are pretty shitty till you pay about $500 US
more info?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i personally would go for the EC-256, considering it has coil tap and the pups are slightly better. I also like the neck a tad more
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
i prefer the necks on the LTDs. but i like thin necks lol. i think they are both solid guitars. i also kinda like the slightly roughed up look of the LTD. i was considering picking one up but decided if i get a LP its gonna be a higher end Epiphone
Well the only thing similar about those guitars is the shape of the body. The LTD will have a thinner neck more appropriate for metal, the LP will have a thicker neck and a chunkier, warmer sound. LPs are also quite thick, heavy guitars while LTDs are thinner and lighter. I have no idea what the pickups are like on the LTD, though. They're ESP brand.

You'll have to try them out for yourself and decide from that.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
go for the les paul, been playing mine for 2-3 years now and I still love it =D
Personally? Neither. I used to love the EC-256, couldn't find it anywhere, got to play it once, wasn't all that great. I couldn't get a good sound out of it, and is ridiculously overpriced. If you can find one for $279 or less, I would think about it.

for recommendations, we need Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear and Special Fetishes of yours.

Quote by BeefWellington
Well the only thing similar about those guitars is the shape of the body. The LTD will have a thinner neck more appropriate for metal, the LP will have a thicker neck and a chunkier, warmer sound. LPs are also quite thick, heavy guitars while LTDs are thinner and lighter. I have no idea what the pickups are like on the LTD, though. They're ESP brand.

You'll have to try them out for yourself and decide from that.

This sums it up as well.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Thanks to everyone for the replies.
My playing style is mostly rock. I like alice cooper and guns n' roses, just as much as hendrix, red hot chili peppers etc...
My budget would be around 400-500 $.

I don't really mind buying a used guitar if it is in good condition, I will use this guitar for home playing and gigging.
I really like the les paul style bodies , and right now got a crap ibanez grx40...
LTD > Epiphone.

Epiphone build quality, especially at the lower end, is completely shocking.
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
Quote by PardonMeBoy
Thanks to everyone for the replies.
My playing style is mostly rock. I like alice cooper and guns n' roses, just as much as hendrix, red hot chili peppers etc...
My budget would be around 400-500 $.

I don't really mind buying a used guitar if it is in good condition, I will use this guitar for home playing and gigging.
I really like the les paul style bodies , and right now got a crap ibanez grx40...

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss12.html

Check out some of the higher end stuff on that site. I have one of the lower end models, and they are amazing.

I would also recommend a HSS strat.

Where do you live? We can scope out some deals on Craigslist and such for ya.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
can you pick up a godin for $500? might be worth considering...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an epi les paul standard and a local made les paul, almost exactly like a les paul studio but more pretty looking, and the epi les Paul's are good but it's really pretty random what you get. I would go with the LTD because they have a more consistent quality standard.
You do realize this is a 2 year old thread, right?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend