Page 1 of 4
Just a general question I suppose but, how long was it before you got a job and got into the real world?
Ok.
Never, I'm in high school.

But when I go to college, they'll both be in different countries so yeah.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Last edited by Snowman388 at May 28, 2011,
I moved out at 15....
Got kicked out at 15, then went to my sisters till I was 17.

Had my first real job at 16, and am currently unemployed. I'm 20.
ಠ_ಠ
Does it count if your parents own 2 houses and you live at one, but they don't intend to live there til retirement? I'm planning on doing that soon.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I read somewhere that the average age is 25.

Sure, you got those who left at 18. I know one who did, and she's done pretty well for herself. The others that I know at that age became pregnant and look 10 years older than they shlould be, or, they are unemployed and I have no idea how they get by.

However personally, I'm staying at my mom's house until I graduate uni and get a job. So...24-25 for me if all goes well.

On the other hand, some others will take longer. Obviously.
I moved out the day after I graduated high school when i was 17. Lived in an apartment for 10 months until i couldn't afford it any more (damn economy!) and now I'm back at my parents. :/
I live at my parents and go to uni, I am 18 turning 19.

But I kinda wish I lived on campus. I'm grateful I'm living in comfort but am I really missing out on 'unmissable' experiences?
18, when I started university. Still haven't got a job though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I count myself as having left home at 18, I went to uni, rented a flat with mates etc.
...Bleep Bloop...
18, now employed and have a house with my girlfriend and another chick

its going pretty well so far
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
18, now employed and have a house with my girlfriend and another chick

its going pretty well so far

When I grow up, I want to live in a sitcom too.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I read somewhere that the average age is 25.

Sure, you got those who left at 18. I know one who did, and she's done pretty well for herself. The others that I know at that age became pregnant and look 10 years older than they shlould be, or, they are unemployed and I have no idea how they get by.

However personally, I'm staying at my mom's house until I graduate uni and get a job. So...24-25 for me if all goes well.

On the other hand, some others will take longer. Obviously.

Average for Spain and Italy is close to 30 before you move out. Low wages and a lack of "cheap" residences are the main problems

I moved out last autumn, age 21.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
19. Graduated from highschool and then moved out to follow my dreams.

Nearly killed myself while doing that, but I'm doing okay now.
If you count moving out for uni, then 18.

But I don't think that really counts. Inevitably, I will be back on their doorstop, unemployed and needing shelter until I get back on my feet.
It really depends on which culture you are from. For example it's normal in some parts of Southern Europe to live with your parents untill you finished your education. In Scandivia where I am from, the average age is about 18-20. If you stay home much longer, people will think you are a bit of a freak.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
Quote by CoreysMonster

Nearly killed myself while doing that

How so?

Quote by Fender Dane.
It really depends on which culture you are from. For example it's normal in some parts of Southern Europe to live with your parents untill you finished your education. In Scandivia where I am from, the average age is about 18-20. If you stay home much longer, people will think you are a bit of a freak.

That can also depend on whether you go to uni in your home town or you are moving to another university town. I'm still in Gothenburg where I was born and therefore I lived a bit longer at home.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 28, 2011,
16, moved in with my then-girlfriend in a small apartment close to the woods and a forest lake. Those were the days, heh.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How so?

It was seriously depressing because I was completely alone and the stress of being extremely poor really messed me up, I had a lot of seriously self-destructive habits for those two years, but thankfully I came out of it alright.
Quote by CoreysMonster
It was seriously depressing because I was completely alone and the stress of being extremely poor really messed me up, I had a lot of seriously self-destructive habits for those two years, but thankfully I came out of it alright.

Aw, glad it's okay now. I had the same empty feeling and still have from time to time. Sometimes I forgot that I really live on my own now, I don't have anyone in the apartment.

Last 6 months I've slipped a bit, letting the grades go down a bit and been out to the pub more frequently. Hope I can change that to the autumn again.
Moved out the second I could, it turned out well for me
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I moved out last september, just turned 25 a week ago.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
It's kinda hard to judge. My parents live in Los Angeles so once i graduated highschool I went to college at Penn State, which is a pretty good distance from LA. Out there i got an apartment with a good friend from Turkey but i come home for the summers. I get free meals at stuff at home but my parents don't give me money or gas for my car or anything. I have a job back at school but not here in LA so I'm currently trying to find one so I can put a buffer on my bank account for when school starts.
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
I 'moved out' for university when I was 19. I'm now 20 and back at my parents until September when I get my lease on my new house. Don't really consider it moving out though.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Well I go to the military this summer (I'm 19) and after that I move to another town for university studies, so I guess 19 or 20 depending on how you look at it..
You'll Never Walk Alone!
I am 19, and have lived in an apartment owned by my parents since 16, by myself and my brother.

I will move away this fall though, but that's for a year. After that, I'm planning on leaving the country (Norway) for studying abroad, namely in England/Wales/Scotland.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Til I was 19 and went to uni. I love them and everything but once you've tasted independence you won't look back.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Kind of moved out when i went to uni, then i went on an exchange for my 3rd year and spent 9 months (except a few weeks at christmas) living in another country, but now im back. So used to living on my own terms can't wait til my rental period starts for new student house in july.
I can't see myself living at home after i graduate in just over a years time. With my degree, and the career i want to get into there wont be many opportunities around where i live. Right now im considering moving to australia once im done with my degree.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
19 moved out and living mostly on my own. i get a bit of cash from my parents every once in a while. but nothing more than spending money
18. Found a place in NY for about $700 a month. Did that until 21 and moved down to TN with my fiancee where we found a 1 bedroom for less (and a lot nicer).
Im 19 and still living with my Mom. I go to college. I probably will not move out until college is done but if I can find a roommate/friend that is willing to split rent for a while I will move out in an instant.
I want to move out, but there's lots of stuff I want to do/ get first and if I'm living on my own, there's no chance I'll be able to get or do any of that.
Moved out to go to uni at 18, now I'm just about finished my degree, so it looks like I'll have to move back in until I can find myself a job, whic is a bit of a shame. Hopefully, not too long though.

Quote by boycew02
Til I was 19 and went to uni. I love them and everything but once you've tasted independence you won't look back.

God damn, that's true.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at May 28, 2011,
Page 1 of 4