You hear that sort of thing all the time in post rock music. An example that stands out right now is 'Your Hand in Mine' by Explosions in the Sky.

If you mean what effect it is, all it is is some delay and reverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at May 28, 2011,
all you need is some delay a huge load of reverb and shred as fast as you can. you get theis effect even with a single note.
Yeah that type of playing is very similar to 'Explosions in the sky', for example when this song drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTCwg7-UKg I'd suggest listening to 'The earth is not a cold dead place' and 'All of a sudden I miss everyone' by them.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

Yes! That's exactly the sound. Just a quick question too, I'm looking to buy a new amp, I've been playing on my shitty Crate practice amp for the past 2-3 years now and want a good clear amp. In terms for brands like fender, VOX what should I be aiming for?
i suggest you make a thread and list your budget, musical styles, current gear, location, and whather youll be gigging/playing in your bedroom/both
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣