Hey I'm Seriously considering getting this guitar

http://www.projectmusic.net/jackson-rx10d-rhoads-crimson-swirl---wjackson-gigbag-8167-p.asp

I was wondering are the Duncan designed hb103b pickups any good or could I replace them with something like emg 81 85 or better Seymour duncans. I don't know anything really about Seymour duncans. The guitar is for doing the odd gig with and practicing in a band. I play metal different types of metal.

Any input is helpful
Cheers
Duncan designed pickups aren't BAD but they're not GOOD either, if you know what I mean. Personally for metal I use Seymour Duncan Blackouts, which are active like EMGs, but I find the Blackouts have a better overall tone.
Duncan Designed pups aren't all that great though they are better than say the Select by EMG pups.

I recommend swapping them with either SD Blackouts Metal/Blackout or EMG X pups. I use both anyways for my metal.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Thanks il deeply consider those blackouts - what do you guys think of the overall guitar Jackson rx10d with hb103b pups and it with new pickups I've been playin for 4 years now and I'm looking for something around that £500 mark with a tremolo system and stands out from the crowd like a Rhoads Kelly or king v shape l.
as i said in your other thread... if you're just gonna swap the pickups straight away probably just get an rr3.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Dinky with Duncan Designed pickups - the bridge humbucker sounds like a JB being played through a telephone with a blanket over it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
so it sounds better than a jb then?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
so it sounds better than a jb then?

JBs are excellent pickups.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
nah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The HB-102 and HB-103 are meant to be like a JB and Distortion but both wound slightly hotter for more mud and an even shittier, even cheaper tone. I don't know why they bother making them. It must have been a bet, let's see how badly we can make a pickup. Take our two worst pickups and make them sound even cheaper? Good plan.
nah the invader and dimebucker are way worse than the jb and distortion
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?