so my ibanez S540 some of you maybe will remember. the one that got a nasty setup. is going for a good setup next time done by the owner of the store himself (he is known to be the best belgian guitar tech)

but i have a question for you guys. i've noticed some problems lately, my sustain isn't great and that may be solved when it has got a good setup but anyway. do you have some tips for me to increase sustain?

other thing and most important one:

when i am playing with distortion and i mute to silence it completely i still hear some ringing, and i think it comes from the floyd cause it's a sound of iron/metal vibrating.

any sollutuions to this?

allso what do you people think of that string tube technique which i think should work and is pretty logic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEK8pIJYxmM

thanks in advance
Last edited by AEnesidem at May 28, 2011,
Well firstly what type of Floyd Rose is it? Licensed or Original?
Maybe a solution to your sustain problem is a sustain pickup, i'm considering doing that as I have bad sustain on my guitar aswell.
Quote by PaddySyn
Well firstly what type of Floyd Rose is it? Licensed or Original?
Maybe a solution to your sustain problem is a sustain pickup, i'm considering doing that as I have bad sustain on my guitar aswell.

It's an S series Ibanez, so it either has a ZR trem if it's fairly new and if it's older it would be a licensed
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by AEnesidem
so my ibanez S540 some of you maybe will remember. the one that got a nasty setup. is going for a good setup next time done by the owner of the store himself (he is known to be the best belgian guitar tech)

but i have a question for you guys. i've noticed some problems lately, my sustain isn't great and that may be solved when it has got a good setup but anyway. do you have some tips for me to increase sustain?

other thing and most important one:

when i am playing with distortion and i mute to silence it completely i still hear some ringing, and i think it comes from the floyd cause it's a sound of iron/metal vibrating.

any sollutuions to this?

allso what do you people think of that string tube technique which i think should work and is pretty logic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEK8pIJYxmM

thanks in advance

A good setup and strong vibrato technique will do infinitely more for your sustain than any modification like that will.

For the spring noise, the only solution I'm aware of is to put some foam or tissue paper into the trem cavity of your guitar to stop the vibration of the springs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^^ I agree.

I dont have any problems with my Floyd Rose but its an original so I dont know if its differant to the ZR trem or licensed.
I fail to see how the modification in the video would help any.
As far as sustain goes, in my experience 60% of sustain issues come from poor technique, 30% from poor setup, and only 10% from other sources (pickups, major guitar issues, amp settings etcetera). I'm going to say you're one of 30%.

Usually a guitar tech will check for rattling and fix it if you ask him to set it up for you, by the way.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at May 29, 2011,
my technique is good i guess case it's that is what makes my sustain tolerable.
when i use vibrato my sustain is ok but when i don't it's only a second or 2 long except when i play through my pod UX2 on pc. or maybe it's the distorsion channel on the amp?

it's a valveking with the original sucky speakers so...
and yes the last time i went for a setup they did a crappy job but it wasn't done by the owner himself it was done by one of the employees cause the owner of the shop mostly works for the celebrities here.

and btw: it's an old ibanez so it's a lo-pro edge