Where do we begin:

- Metallica's singer doesnt sound like his, lets not be rude, private parts have not dropped.
- Metallica dont need to have a bunch of different memebers join to be better (notice how Megadeth only became particularly successful when Marty joined (rust in peace) and then when he left (after risk) BAM! Megadeth sucked again?).
- Everyone knows who Metallica is, they re-defined a genre, Megadeth you need to be a metalhead to know. I can guarantee more people know the songs "One" and "fade to black" than the amount of people who have heard Megadeth.
- Metallica is genius. They're slow, non complex riffs are what makes it memorable, hence their songwriting skills are superior. Megadeth just thrash, and thrash, and thrash. No one really remembers the riffs (unless you're an extreme metalhead), and the vocals make it painful.
- Metallica outsell Megadeth... probably 5:1 AT WORST!
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine is STILL crying about his boot from Metallica... jeeez, thats even worse than Metallica suing napster (which FYI didnt take longer than a few months).
- Metallica have been successful in both Thrash and Mainstream, when Megadeth moved away from pure thrash (Risk era), everything fell apart.
- DEATH MAGNETIC! The latest album blew me away, it had a great combination of thrash metal and mainstream rock, and songs which brought us memories of the good old days. Let me describe Endgame: THRASH as fast as you can with absolutely atrocious vocals. Hmm... Let's try "This Day We Fight". Repetitive alternate strumming, vocals which are painful to listen to, and solo as fast as you can! I would rather listen to Kirk's wah!

On that note... I LOVE MEGADETH!

But... Metallica is better.

Just my 2 cents.
cool story bro
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
reported
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

1 Word: Opinions
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣
Where do we begin:

- Metallica's singer doesnt sound like his, lets not be rude, private parts have not dropped.

Welcome to heavy metal.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Metallica dont need to have a bunch of different memebers join to be better (notice how Megadeth only became particularly successful when Marty joined (rust in peace) and then when he left (after risk) BAM! Megadeth sucked again?).

No, Metallica just managed to suck on their own. Congratulations! Noone to blame but themselves.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Everyone knows who Metallica is, they re-defined a genre, Megadeth you need to be a metalhead to know. I can guarantee more people know the songs "One" and "fade to black" than the amount of people who have heard Megadeth.

The majority of Metallica fans have no clue of their actual influence on music history and are most likely not familiar with the album that had any at all.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Metallica is genius. They're slow, non complex riffs are what makes it memorable, hence their songwriting skills are superior. Megadeth just thrash, and thrash, and thrash. No one really remembers the riffs (unless you're an extreme metalhead), and the vocals make it painful.

Some people like thrash, others like shit.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Metallica outsell Megadeth... probably 5:1 AT WORST!

Nothing to do with the music.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine is STILL crying about his boot from Metallica... jeeez, thats even worse than Metallica suing napster (which FYI didnt take longer than a few months).

He actually stopped crying a few years ago. I'm pretty sure there's a book about it.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- Metallica have been successful in both Thrash and Mainstream, when Megadeth moved away from pure thrash (Risk era), everything fell apart.

Things fell apart for Metallica too, music-wise. Idiots are apparently just easy to please.
Quote by ♣Ace of Clubs♣

- DEATH MAGNETIC! The latest album blew me away, it had a great combination of thrash metal and mainstream rock, and songs which brought us memories of the good old days. Let me describe Endgame: THRASH as fast as you can with absolutely atrocious vocals. Hmm... Let's try "This Day We Fight". Repetitive alternate strumming, vocals which are painful to listen to, and solo as fast as you can! I would rather listen to Kirk's wah!

Good for you.

But seriously:
- No VS. threads
- Why compare just those two bands?
- Why couldn't this be said in the Metallica or the Megadeth thread?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
That are some true reasons behind the success of Metallica!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
What the hell are you doing
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.