So when going from using a pick to twohanded tapping or fingerpicking live, where shuld i put my pick? I have seen pepole put it in the mouth, but it looks wierd and you cant sing while doing it. So what are some good methods?
Palming it is MUCH faster than dropping/throwing the pick, then getting a new one. It also looks more professional.
I was taught not to tap with my index finger, and to tap with my middle finger and develop the strength and dexerity in my ring finger. That way you can keep holding the pick and get back to playing right away when you need to.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
I was taught not to tap with my index finger, and to tap with my middle finger and develop the strength and dexerity in my ring finger. That way you can keep holding the pick and get back to playing right away when you need to.

I was talking about twohanded tapping where you tap with muliple fingers on the right hand.
Well you could hold it in your mouth as you mentioned, or you could hold it using one of the fingers on your right hand. Whether it be the index, middle, ring, pinky, one of your fingers is going to be occupied with the pick, so i would choose your index since it already is holding the pick when you play ordinarily. Tap with your middle finger and ring finger. If you want to tap multiple notes with your right hand, then do that with your middle and ring finger. Just turn your guitar around and practice hammering on and pulling off with your middle and ring finger on your right hand to develop strength. it only takes a few days to get decent playability out of those fingers. I can say out of experience that tapping with your middle/ring gets the job done.
For tapping I usually use my middle, third and pinky while still holding the pick, but for 4 finger tapping you can slide the pick up your index to the second joint. Seems weird at first but when you get it it's easy.

For fingerpicking I palm it.
Last edited by Tempoe at May 28, 2011,
I just put in my mouth. But if you have to sing simultaneously, that's not gonna work.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Who is going to want to sing whilst using multi-finger tapping?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Basically just keep holding the pic normally. Use the middle/ring/pinky for picking/tapping. You can still use the pic for playing the bottom notes when fingerpicking, or even use the edge of it to tap.

If you really need all 8 fingers to play, just toss it and grab another one.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Where can i buy the chris broderick pick clips? I have searched all over the internet, but i couldnt find it.

actually i was trying to locate one myself yesterday and couldnt find it. i remember he was saying they're gonna be available soon in one of his videos.. but that's all i know... gotta re watch the video probably
Quote by Vendetta V
actually i was trying to locate one myself yesterday and couldnt find it. i remember he was saying they're gonna be available soon in one of his videos.. but that's all i know... gotta re watch the video probably

I'm rather sure he did say that in one of his Chaos Theory videos that started coming out about a year ago.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by jkielq91
Throw it up to a well calculated height so that drops back down to you at exacly the right time.

I think that this would be the most impressive solution.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I put it up my nose
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350
I put it up my nose

THIS
I do not want to have a signature anymore.