Hello,

I want to connect a tubeamp (Marshall vs65r) to a Behringer mixer (xenyx 1204 USB). When I put a cable into the line out of the amp, into the line in of the mixer it doesn't capture any sound! The amp itself does make a sound, which means that it does not send it to my mixer. I've used a Roland Cube 30x amp before (which has a specific recording output) and it worked fine. How is it that I can't connect the tubeamp?

When I pull the cable out of the amp about halfway I can hear my boxes make some noise, but when I put the whole cable into the line out of the amp it does not work. Nothing is muted, everything is switched on. I've also switched cables around, and it does the same thing so it's not the cables either.

Maybe you guys know what's wrong! I sure hope it is not broken. But it would be great if you could help me!

Thanks in advance.
Stop doing this before you wreck something, please
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Stop doing this before you wreck something, please

This. Seriously, stop trying that before you blow your amp, if you haven't already. I'm going to hope by 'line out' you mean an effects send, and not the speaker out? Do some research on the 'preamp out' method written up by ethan_hanus on this site, before you cost yourself a lot of money in repairs!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Lockwolf and DisarmGoliath,
Not to sound rude, but had any of you done a quick Google search on the Marshall VS65R you would've found it has a Line Out and also from what I can see there is no external speaker out on it. The speaker in the combo looks like it's soldered directly to the amp, no 1/4" jacks there.

TS,
I'm not sure what you mean by "boxes". Could you explain further?
I reccomend you mic the amp. A decent amp will sound better mic'd then DI'd. DI guitar sounds poopy(Yes, poopy. It's a terrible and childish descriptive word.) to me.

EDIT: Are you possibly using a Stereo 1/4" cable? If you are, it should be a Mono 1/4" cable.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at May 28, 2011,
Quote by timbit2006
Lockwolf and DisarmGoliath,
Not to sound rude, but had any of you done a quick Google search on the Marshall VS65R you would've found it has a Line Out and also from what I can see there is no external speaker out on it. The speaker in the combo looks like it's soldered directly to the amp, no 1/4" jacks there.

I didn't, I just heard Tube Amp & Line Out and I thought disaster. Its kinda one of those things that if you do something wrong, it can lead to shit happening. Even then, I didn't realize it wasn't a full tube amp. Still, its not something I recommend doing.

Anyways, it sounds like you have a bad line out jack. Just a thought
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I didn't, I just heard Tube Amp & Line Out and I thought disaster. Its kinda one of those things that if you do something wrong, it can lead to shit happening. Even then, I didn't realize it wasn't a full tube amp. Still, its not something I recommend doing.

Anyways, it sounds like you have a bad line out jack. Just a thought

You can't assume everyone on the internet is an idiot and doesn't know what they're doing...
Even if it was a full tube amp, there's plenty of tube amps with line outs. I can't be bothered to bring up an example right now.

TS, disregard me saying about whether the cable is mono or stereo. That would make no difference, unless you have a strange jack which has the tip connection down low or the sleeve connection up high. I highly doubt that would ever happen though.
..I was watching my death.