Just wondering would any 9 volt power supply work on any 9 volt guitar pedal ? I really hate replacing batteries and 9 volt batteries aren't the cheapest of things
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

Not just any power supply, no, you have AC and DC power supplies. It's just a matter of finding out whether your pedal(s) are AC or DC.
Gear:

Ibanez Prestige RGA121H - Crushed Dark Ruby
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Even then, it's best to buy one that's designed for pedals. Boss pedals, for example, use 9 volts DC. Radio Shack, and others, sell 9 vdc adapters. These will work, but you're likely to be unhappy with the results - you may find they produce a lot of 60 cycle hum. Buy a good power supply designed for pedals and you'll be pleased with the silence. The 1-Spot, made by Virtual Sound is a good 9vdc adapter and it has a clean output. It'll also produce up to an amp, which will power several pedals.
Most pedals are DC. if it can be powered by a 9v battery i would bet my Gibson that it will work with a DC power supply.

One thing you do need to worry about is the maximum current output of the power supply. most commercial power supplies range from 200-1000 milliamps and most pedals require 200-300 milliamps. Typically pedals are powered in parallel which means you have to add all of the current requirements of all pedals chained to the power. If the sum of the pedal is higher than the max output of the power supply then you risk melting the power supply, a pedal, or chord or possibly risk starting a fire.

i built my own power supply, i needed 1800 Milliamps if i turned on all my pedals(which noone ever does) and i wanted to be safe and expandable. i bough one of these:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=8310667

and with a little solder and imagination i made my own powersupply
Quote by greenless
Typically pedals are powered in parallel which means you have to add all of the current requirements of all pedals chained to the power. If the sum of the pedal is higher than the max output of the power supply then you risk melting the power supply, a pedal, or chord or possibly risk starting a fire.

Not that I'm an expert, but I though that pedals are powered in series, not parallel?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.