OK, I have been playing for 1-2 years, but I'm playing electric guitar for only 5 months. And the problem is that i don't know what to learn next... I already know how to play about 30 rhcp songs + some of the gnr pink floyd and so on.. All of these are easy except sweet child o mine (don't know solo), and I don't know what to learn next? I know that here are more experienced players than me so I need advice what to learn next, what did you study?
Ok, so you can mimic the other bands and players.

Now, it's time to learn how to improvise on your own - learn to solo and play lead. This is a big one to learn. How's your rhythm playing? How's your theory? How's your ear training? I can go on and on... there's a lot to learn out there.

Take lessons from a pro. They'll be able to guide your learning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9901EwPDJU this is me playing comfortably numb, just skip to 2:20 because I used backing track I don't know how to delete this part before.. I improvised 2nd half because I know studio version of solo and backing track is live I think. Hope you'll like it..
@KG6_Steven I study theory, I do ear training and so on, but i wanted to say that I this things that I play right now aren't hard to play but some other things that I want to play are to difficult... Like I'm beginner and I want to play advanced but I can't because I didn't do intermediate... : )
I'd say try different pieces that challenge you....Also, studying the guitar can help you as well...Learn your fretboard notes, chords, scales, etc.....That way, you can approach songs differently and know what's going on in the song as well! Try learning new techniques as well...