I absolutely love having lots of different stomp boxes for all my effects and working towards the ultimate pedal board but sometimes I fall in and out of interest in something like the Line6 M9/13.

What are some of the best Multi-FX units out there in or under the price range of a Line6 M9 which is the one I'm most interested in.

My friend has an AdrenaLinn which is really awesome, has TONS of nice effects and 200 presets.. but it's actually quite limiting, so the M9/13 seems great because it basically is tons of stomp boxes controlled digitally but does it sound good?
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Can't recall the price, but... I think the TC Electronics G Major is one of the best around.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Can you go from something like a Pod HD300/400/500 into a cab?

I was thinking of grabbing one of those and a 1x12 or 2x12 cab (I'd go into my current amp but it's just an 8" speaker and I think that really limits things to begin with)
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Quote by WhoDooVooDoo
Can you go from something like a Pod HD300/400/500 into a cab?

I was thinking of grabbing one of those and a 1x12 or 2x12 cab (I'd go into my current amp but it's just an 8" speaker and I think that really limits things to begin with)

You cant run it without a poweramp of some sort
I forgot about that whole side of amplifiers, brainfart.

Meh.. I'd be happy running it into my amp or my PC but my amp only has an 8" speaker which is poopy and it doesn't have a speaker out option.
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+
I had a Vox Tonelab for a long time that I was really pleased with, I ended up getting rid of it in a trade(an awesome trade) but would still be using it if a super deal hadn't come my way.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Does the Pod HD400 need proprietary software or do you need to dance around stupid rules to get it to record or is it as easy as HD400 -> USB -> PC -> Reaper or something like that?
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+
Quote by ragingkitty
Can't recall the price, but... I think the TC Electronics G Major is one of the best around.

The main drawback being that you have to sport all TC effects unless you shell out money for additional pedals (which kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The M9 is a pretty nice piece of gear, considering that it uses models from the Line 6 DL-4, FM-4, MM-4 and so on, all in one...

Plus it's reasonably sized.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was at first interested in the M series but then I seen the Pod HD variants, they seem like a better option for around the same price.. I'm more interested in tone than effects so tons of great amp models is great.
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+
Quote by WhoDooVooDoo
Does the Pod HD400 need proprietary software or do you need to dance around stupid rules to get it to record or is it as easy as HD400 -> USB -> PC -> Reaper or something like that?

Its line6, so (eg.) HD400 -> USB (it has USB output) - > Reaper ??? profit
The Adrenalinn III is quite good as I have one and love it. Only way to get its full potential is to get the midi controller. I don't need one as I'm just a bedroom jammer and I put my patches next to each other and flip 'em back and forth.

The M13 has a lot of good reviews and some for the M9 too. May be worth looking at. The HDs are pretty new but gets good reviews on amp models.

I have the Boss GT-10 and that's quite a capable pedal. The amp models are ok but the FXes are fantastic. Involves quite a bit of learning curves because it goes so deep. It's unreal at what you can mix together.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+