I would like an opinion a line 6 1x12 flextone 3 for 300.00 obo or a spider valve 2x12 for 350.00 obo i would use this as a bedroom amp and possibly using my 4x10 cab with it for giggs wich i know the flextone would do that.
Flextone.

Unless the SV 212 is the Mk2. Then the SV.

Otherwise, Flextone.

The Flextone sounds better IMO. You need to turn up the master to drown out the digital-sound of the Pod 2.0 in the Spider Valve, and if you do that, you'd need to really fine tune the channel volume to get it to bedroom levels. A little too much hassle IMO.

Then when you accidentally touch something wrong on the SV... boom you lose your hearing for the night.

The SV is too much hassle for bedroom use IMO, go with the Flextone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at May 28, 2011,
Between those two I would definitely go for the flextone. My school had one and I actually stopped bringing my Deluxe because it wasn't really worth the hassle. The flex was good enough. (and I'm a tube snob, my practice amp is a silverface champ)
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
yea the sv is the mk2 and it comes with a foot pedal so its a good deal. But Ive heard the flextone sounds better
I would go for the SV2 if you like to have powertubes in your amp. Its their newest hybrid. Plus you get a footswitch - fairly good deal.

However, note the issue with volume jumps, a somewhat digital sounding preamp, older firmware (Pod 2.0 I think, but I believe they revised the firmware for the SV2 and added quite a bit of functionality - 2 amp models and greater effect control). Although you might want to take note that they didn't revise or improve the algorithms for the original 14 amp models, which means the SV2 actually won't sound any better than the original SV.

Although I think the Flextone's modelling algorithms are better than the Pod 2.0, especially for the high gain models.

Its kinda a toss-up really, at the price, both are fairly worth it. I guess its just a matter of which you'd buy between the 2. Personally, I owned the Spider Valve (1st ver) before, and if I had to choose, I'd take the Flextone.

Without the SVPre mod, I'm not too impressed with the SV.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Welcomes. Remember the NAD.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I ended up buying a flextone 3 xl in really good condition today for 300.00