View poll results: Which guitar
LTD Slayer Reign in Blood 25th anniversary limited edition
9 36%
Dean From Hell CFH (Foreign made one)
3 12%
Schecter Gary Holt V-1
13 52%
Voters: 25.
Okay, I have been thinking about purchasing a new guitar.

Here are the guitars I have been thinking about getting:

LTD Slayer Reign in Blood 25th anniversary- Only 300 of these are to be made. They have a solid bridge (wtf it's a Slayer guitar I know right?), EMG 81 and 85 humbuckers, and Reign in blood graphics. They also have pentagram inlays up the the ninth fret and slayer inlays at the 12th fret. The head stock has LTD written on it in slayer font and Reign in Blood after that. I've played a few EMG guitars before and really like the sound of them.

Dean From Hell CFH (foreign made one)- This guitar is the cheaper replica of Dime's Dean From Hell. It has a Bill Lawrence 500XL bridge pickup and a Dean neck humbucker. It has the Lightning bolt graphics on it and Traction knobs. It also has a Floyd Rose.

Schecter Gary Holt V-1- This guitar is a Schecter V designed by Gary Holt from Exodus. It also has EMG 81 and 85 Humbuckers, except they are painted RED. The guitar itself is sorta matte black. It has a red outline going around the body and neck and head stock. It also has a goathead inlay at the 12th fret.

If I were to join a band and play any of these guitars live, I would definitely purchase the Schecter. It looks like a custom made guitar rather than a signature, aside from the inlay that the 12th fret. The Dean looks just like Dime's guitar and the LTD has Reign in blood graphics which gives away that it's a signature the first time you see it. That, and it says slayer right on the neck.
As much as I think Slayer and Pantera are much better bands than Exodus(I can't listen to Exodus. That god-damn vocalist...ugh. xD), and as tacky as I think the pickup covers are(they're almost pink...o_o xD), I'd go with the Gary Holt V. The Schecters I've played have been great, I'm waiting on a Damien Elite FR to be shipped in right now, actually, and I've heard horror stories about Dean's licensed Floyds. And as much as I love Slayer, the Reign In Blood guitar doesn't do it for me. Have you looked at the LTD NV series? If I remember correctly Kerry King designed them, he had a signature ESP for a brief period of time in the 90s or something, I think.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
All of these guitars will be made to fit one specific person - the person in the name of the guitar.

To be honest I'd just find out which signature model was based on which guitar, and get one of the "basis" guitars. It'll be a lot cheaper that way and you can still modify it with the same pickups and possibly even better hardware (Dean CFH has a licensed Floyd which I happen to know is not worth the trouble).

If the choise was exclusively from those 3, though, I'd go with the Schecter Gary Holt V. I've played a few Schecter V's and what I played was really good, so I'd imagine the Gary Holt one would be as well.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at May 28, 2011,
I wouldn't go for the Dean and I think that the LTD would hold its value a lot better.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by FearMyLightning

If I were to join a band and play any of these guitars live, I would definitely purchase the Schecter. It looks like a custom made guitar rather than a signature, aside from the inlay that the 12th fret. The Dean looks just like Dime's guitar and the LTD has Reign in blood graphics which gives away that it's a signature the first time you see it. That, and it says slayer right on the neck.

Here you seem to imply you don't even want a signature guitar. So why not look at some non-signature models. I'm not particularly into your style of music and have no idea of the pricing of those models, but usually you'll get a lot more bang for your buck by going with a non-signature model. Signatures get bumped up in price due to the name.

What features do you want? What tone are you looking for? Location, budget?
Adam
Why did you only choose signature guitars?
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I don't really care if it's a signature or not. I just wanted to know which of these guitars was the best deal. I just don't really like ESPs. They play fine, but all their shapes are all lopsided. The shop that I'm probably going to buy from mainly has ESPs, but I think they can get Schecters too. I want to get something with EMGs or I might put a Bill Lawrence 500XL in it. I'm looking for something like that searing tone that Dimebag had.
The schecter Vs are amazing but you're much better off getting the schecter hellraiser v-1 FR (if you can still find one in stock somewhere). It has 24 frets, coil-splittable EMGs and tone control making it much more versatile than the holt signature which has only 22 frets, shirt scale length and one volume control. Gary and schecter made a big mistake giving this guitar only 22 frets and gay LP scale length, the headwtock also looks very plain and the pentagram is tacky.