Page 1 of 3
The day before yesterday I was catching a taxi and by the will of fate my sexy ass caught this black cab. It happened to be a very popular TV show where people sit into the taxi and have to answer the drivers questions to earn money. The questions last until the cab reaches your point of destination. You are given 3 'lives' which you lose if you provide an incorrect answer. You also have 3 additional bonuses: an internet search, call a friend and ask a stranger. So when this taxi stops some lady enters the taxi, asks me to sign a contract and shit and we head off. My journey lasted about 10 minutes and I used up all my bonuses and lost one life. In the end the driver asked me to answer an optional bonus question, which if answered correctly would double the sum of my earned money, otherwise everything won would by nullified. I doubled the sum easily, took the money from the driver-host and after saying that I'll make everybody a bit richer I burnt everything in front of the camera. The amount I burnt was approximately 450 US dollars. The driver's facial expression was beautiful. Today I received a call to receive my prizes. When I came to the studio they gave me a check to pay a tax for all the money I won and gave me some shit from their sponsor. They said my episode won't be aired because burning local currency is offensive. **** them or do you think they're right?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
What is this I don't even
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
if this is true you are an idiot and an asshole

what you did was illegal and stupid. why didnt you just keep the money?

why do you think burning it was a good idea at all?

some people confuse the shit out of me..
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I've read that the money they give you on Cash Cab right then and there after you get done is just fake money
Wait why is it illegal? Burning money reduces inflation.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Was the question: How do you ignite a pile of money?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Yes.. I applaud you TS
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
i knew the story wasn't true at the phrase "my sexy ass." you're not fooling anyone.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
And this ladies and gentlemen, is todays television.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
If you were really on Cash cab and you did this, you can **** off
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Should have asked for the US dollar equivalent in Bitbills.
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
I thought this was gonna be a thread about the OP complaining about how much cable costs or something.
People need to chill, its his money man (assuming this is true). If he feels the need to burn it away trying to get a reaction from people let him. I actually find it pretty funny I don't get why everyone's so uptight

Purple Alert
Quote by Eastwinn
Wait why is it illegal? Burning money reduces inflation.

Presumably because it costs the government money to print it, and they want to be able to control inflation.

Dick move by the way TS, there are plenty of people who could have used the cash if you didn't want it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by soulsablaze
People need to chill, its his money man (assuming this is true). If he feels the need to burn it away trying to get a reaction from people let him. I actually find it pretty funny I don't get why everyone's so uptight

It's illegal, and frankly pointless.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/333.html
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
It's illegal, and frankly pointless.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/333.html

So? pot is illegal but half the world smokes it anyways. And I'm not saying it isn't pointless your right about that but its not like his $400 or whatever it was would have ever seen me anyways so it don't matter to me

Purple Alert
Quote by soulsablaze

SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER TS TRYING TO GET ATTENTION
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by soulsablaze
So? pot is illegal but half the world smokes it anyways. And I'm not saying it isn't pointless your right about that but its not like his $400 or whatever it was would have ever seen me anyways so it don't matter to me

yeah it doesnt make a difference to anyone else, but it really is just pointless

its just unnecessary. its not that big of a deal but still i think its stupid on principle
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Presumably because it costs the government money to print it, and they want to be able to control inflation.

How does anyone manage to make any money when it costs money to create money? Frankly it seems like making any sort of net profit would be impossible.
Cash cab isn't a Black Cab, it's a Yellow Sienna with usual NYC Taxi markings
Nobody Knows How to Talk To Children.
The money on they give on hands is real. You just gotta return it when you exit the cab and they'll give you about 90% of what you won after the show is aired. I told the lady that they can take it out of my prize.
I'm actually thinking that by destroying money I make each and every holder of the currency a bit richer, as the currency becomes more expensive. It's like I'm fighting inflation, no?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by soulsablaze
People need to chill, its his money man (assuming this is true).

Money is government property. We are just in possession of it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by hawk_kst
Right, so you honestly think all the factories/workers it takes to print money work for free?
You, sir, are an idiot.

It seems that you have misinterpreted his post, therefore making you the idiot.

Unless I misinterpreted both of your posts, in which case I am the idiot.
I call B.S.

I can see why they don't air it though if it's true
Last edited by Tempoe at May 28, 2011,
Quote by Permaphrost
I thought this was gonna be a thread about the OP complaining about how much cable costs or something.

Haha, same.
Quote by Grimriffer
The money on they give on hands is real. You just gotta return it when you exit the cab and they'll give you about 90% of what you won after the show is aired. I told the lady that they can take it out of my prize.
I'm actually thinking that by destroying money I make each and every holder of the currency a bit richer, as the currency becomes more expensive. It's like I'm fighting inflation, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_burning

while you're technically right, you probably made everyone richer by around $0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

spreading a measly 450 dollars worth of burned currency over 350 million people doesn't do much except waste 450 dollars you couldve done something with lol
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Why would I want to lie?
My philosophy: I'm pretty good with the money I have, and I'll be good without the money I could've earned.

Edit: and if the shit I did was illegal I'm pretty grateful for them not airing it with me having enough trouble with the cops already
Last edited by Grimriffer at May 28, 2011,
Quote by institutions
It seems that you have misinterpreted his post, therefore making you the idiot.

Unless I misinterpreted both of your posts, in which case I am the idiot.

Hit the squirrel on the abdomen.
I do agree that burning it was a pretty dick-ish move.
I'd say that I have pretty low morals, and even I would have given it all to a homeless person if I didn't want it.
Quote by Grimriffer
Why would I want to lie?
My philosophy: I'm pretty good with the money I have, and I'll be good without the money I could've earned.

Edit: and if the shit I did was illegal I'm pretty grateful for them not airing it with me having enough trouble with the cops already

BADASS ALERT
Quote by Grimriffer
Why would I want to lie?

But you'd be better if you had an extra 450 dollars.
Pros of having an extra 450 dollars: You have an extra 450 dollars.
Cons of having an extra 450 dollars:
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by institutions
I do agree that burning it was a pretty dick-ish move.
I'd say that I have pretty low morals, and even I would have given it all to a homeless person if I didn't want it.

But in that scenario I would've helped only one homeless person, but by destroying it I secretely helped a million bazillion people.
PS - I bet that homeless dude would've bought a bunch of vodka and died in the park anyway
Page 1 of 3