Poll: Which one am i buying first
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one am i buying first
The recording mic shure sm57
18 53%
Isp decimator
16 47%
Voters: 34.
So im set on buying an isp decimator for my 333xl and a shure sm57 to record stuff at home.
Neither is more important then the other, i just cant buy both now. I have to get one in a couple of weeks an the next a month after.
The idea is simple, you guys choose which one i buy in 2 weeks, an which has to wait cause i want em both real bad. Ill give the poll a fair few hours an check later tonight.
Cheers guys

EDIT: am leaving poll on throughout night due to time differences. Im in UK
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Last edited by stig354 at May 28, 2011,
If you sold the 333, and saved the money for the isp. You might be able to afford a good used amp thats not noisy.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
would you want to record with feedback coming from your amp? i say Decimator, unless ofcourse the feedback isnt THAT bad.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Oh an experiences,tips and criticism with both are welcomed
Quote by maddnotez
If you sold the 333, and saved the money for the isp. You might be able to afford a good used amp thats not noisy.

???? when did he mention he sold his amp?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
would you want to record with feedback coming from your amp? i say Decimator, unless ofcourse the feedback isnt THAT bad.

Na its recordable and not that bad
Quote by stig354
Na its recordable and not that bad

well if its not that bad, and you just wana record, are you going to be recording in a mix (sa in with a band or backing tracks) or just recording your guitar by itself will determine how important the Decimator will be. in a band setting or in a mix, the little feedback shouldnt be a problem
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
???? when did he mention he sold his amp?

Was a recommendation.
Quote by EspTro

You can always edit guitar tracks to eliminate the feedback, However recording with a mic is much better imo than direct.

Get the Mic
Quote by maddnotez
Was a recommendation.

haha my bad lol
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Idk much about that amp, I played one back in the "explosion" days, and yes it did explode right in the guitar shop after 10 min of playing.

However I did have a 6505+ and wow noisiet amp ever. I couldnt even use my tube screamer. It was rediculous...

I just decided instead of spending $400 on a pro rack, and messing around with pedals to get a better sound to sell the thing.

And Id still like to have one just to mess around with. I dont regret selling it.

Is the 333 about as noisy as a 6505?? If so....DAMN
Its not noisy terribly noisy, jus want the isp to take away a bit of hum?
Quote by EspTro
well if its not that bad, and you just wana record, are you going to be recording in a mix (sa in with a band or backing tracks) or just recording your guitar by itself will determine how important the Decimator will be. in a band setting or in a mix, the little feedback shouldnt be a problem

Just my guitar at home as i prefer to record band work at studio an pay for them to get all correct mic placements ect, i dont trust myself to do as good of job. A little feedback is no problem except during staccato rythym pieces, its very quite but i feel silence would make it stand out more and give it the impact im after. Oh an i want something that doesnt fluctuate in volume when im recording solos (mobiles are useless lol)

P.S i am not using the decimator to compensate for poor palm muting technique as it appears above,
why not just use a supressor from your DAW or some kind of plug in?

Dont get me wrong its a great pedal but if it were me id buy the mic first.
IIRC, the 333XL has a built in noise gate, so the SM57 will let you get in some recording.
I demand a third option.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Somekid94
IIRC, the 333XL has a built in noise gate, so the SM57 will let you get in some recording.

Your 100% correct, however it is more of a filter then a gate
we choose?

sweet.

fire insurance or a fire extinguisher.

EDIT: seriously, though, i'd probably get the decimator. But I don't care too much about recording. However, my rationale would be that if you're getting a lot of noise it's not going to sound too great recorded anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 28, 2011,
Quote by Dave_Mc
we choose?

sweet.

fire insurance or a fire extinguisher.

EDIT: seriously, though, i'd probably get the decimator. But I don't care too much about recording. However, my rationale would be that if you're getting a lot of noise it's not going to sound too great recorded anyway.

edit, edit, edit.....Any stops-easily edited. Your lagatos. Ummmm Use some plugins. Compressor, Noisegate. youll be fine.

First mic then ISP...You cant record with an ISP.
Quote by maddnotez

First mic then ISP...You cant record with an ISP.

I know and i cant kill a bit of feedback with the mic, lol
Quote by stig354
I know and i cant kill a bit of feedback with the mic, lol

But your DAW can.
True lol.
Oh with the mic do i record with it attached to a computer, and does it need any extra cables/addapters to do this which are not supplied?
Apologies for noobness
I think you'll need the version with an XLR to USB cable supplied with it. If you get that one you can just run straight into your PC with that cable. You may want a clip to attach the mic to the speaker cabinet though.

Then, with minimal recording and equalisation skills, you can remove the hum from the recording with your computer.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Cool, cheers dude
Well iv left the poll on over night and GG&A has spoken. I shall buy the mic first an the decimator later. Thanks to all who took part.
P.S, how the hell do i close the poll :s