Unfortunately, I don't have ideal fingers for playing guitar. My fingers are a little fat and short. The length does not seem to be a big issue but the width sometimes makes hitting clean notes challenging. Someone I know recommended getting a guitar with jumbo frets. Currently, I have an Epiphone DR-100. This is not a great guitar so if upgrade then perhaps I should consider getting one with Jumbo frets What do you think? Many thanks in advance!
-Mike
Quote by Widefingers
Unfortunately, I don't have ideal fingers for playing guitar. My fingers are a little fat and short. The length does not seem to be a big issue but the width sometimes makes hitting clean notes challenging. Someone I know recommended getting a guitar with jumbo frets. Currently, I have an Epiphone DR-100. This is not a great guitar so if upgrade then perhaps I should consider getting one with Jumbo frets What do you think? Many thanks in advance!

Fret size refers to the height not the width.

You're having trouble hitting notes cleanly because you haven't practiced enough, it's got nothing to do with the frets or indeed anything to do with the guitar at all. It's all you, you suck, just like the rest of us.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
frets differ in both height and width, my RR24 have jumbo frets and they are much wider than the ones on my ltd V-500
Quote by AllAroundMetal
frets differ in both height and width, my RR24 have jumbo frets and they are much wider than the ones on my ltd V-500

Alright to be less specific: fret size refers to the fret wire not the actual space between the frets which is what TS means. That doesn't change the fact that TSs problem has nothing to do with the guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
For example, An A chord is almost impossible for me to play unless I barre it
-Mike
It's not impossible, you just need to practice more -everybody sucks donkey balls the first few months of learning to play
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Practice doing it right the first time. It's easier to practice that, than to try and undo all the wrong things you've built up over time.