I get asked this question every time I wear my Eric Clapton shirt:
"Who IS Eric Clapton?"
(Invalid img)

To which I reply,
"You know..one of the greatest, most influential guitarists of all times? From the 70's..umm, songs Layla, Crossroads, Wonderful Tonight, Cocaine, White Room..
The bands, the Yardbirds, CREAM.. Derek & The Dominoes. C'mon you know.."

It's astounding. They just don't know who Eric Clapton is.
Maybe a good solution would be to keep Clapton ringtones ready for them?
Last edited by blakeg14 at May 28, 2011,
The sad thing is if you were to wear a Lil wayne shirt or eminem shirt everyone would be like "omg i love (insert shitty rapper name here). they make the best music ever,etc blah blah"
as much as i respect him as a guitarist, why would you go out in public with that hideous t shirt on
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
You should kill those people. They do not deserve to live.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
that's like a couple seasons of American Idol ago, some of the contestants hadn't heard of the Beatles. I mean, it's one thing whether you like em, but you haven't even heard of them?!
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
who is eric clapton?
ill tell you.......
one of the most over rated guitarists to ever pick up a six string.

who cares if a bunch of kids dont know who he is, you do so why does it matter?

/thread
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by TK1
that's like a couple seasons of American Idol ago, some of the contestants hadn't heard of the Beatles. I mean, it's one thing whether you like em, but you haven't even heard of them?!

Yes. People nowadays just like what ever makes them cool. The pop culture crowd has turned into people who cant think for themselves. Its sad. Where I go to school I have yet to meet a person that has heard Pantera's music. This ****ing pop culture shit pisses me off. SWAGG!!!
you know sometimes I wonder why I know all these rapper names and some dont know the most influential people in music in general.
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
who is Eric Clapton?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
At school, we were playing this game where you have to pick a famous person the starts with every letter of the alphabet, for 'r' i picked Randy Rhoads. My teacher asked who he was, so I just facepalmed.
Its like how this one time I was playing the Crazy Train intro in front of my friend. He has the nerve to say "I love that song, Lil Jon snapped on that track." (he was referring to the shitty cover that Lil Jon did of that song). I would have decked him right there but anyone that stupid doesn't deserve a beating like that.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."
Quote by pastrami1993
Its like how this one time I was playing the Crazy Train intro in front of my friend. He has the nerve to say "I love that song, Lil Jon snapped on that track." (he was referring to the shitty cover that Lil Jon did of that song). I would have decked him right there but anyone that stupid doesn't deserve a beating like that.

Holy shit. I ****ing hate that too lol. Rappers arent creative enuff so they have to steal from other artists.
lol get over yourselves. Not everyone has the same interests. Do you know all the famous tennis players, golfers, basketball players, writers, painters, sculptors, journalists, pianists from the 60-70s?

Hell, I bet there are loads of people on this site who can't list the presidents who served during the 1960s-70s.
Quote by ampoverload
Holy shit. I ****ing hate that too lol. Rappers arent creative enuff so they have to steal from other artists.

On top of that, i just cant believe how close minded someone could be!
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."
Quote by ampoverload

But you have to admit, when MF DOOM used the outro strings part of The Beatles' Glass Onion, it was pretty freaking cool.

OT: I agree.
Quote by ampoverload

you seriously have to broaden your horizon dude. And pantera is a shitty band btw
yeah to all the kids who are like
"teh Rapz suk"

listen to real rap not that shit thats on the radio.

dr.dre google him and learn things.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by fendercopyuser
you seriously have to broaden your horizon dude. And pantera is a shitty band btw

My horizons are broadened. I listen to the Rolling Stones, Abunch of classic rock, Satriani, Vai, Petrucci, Gilber. I also listen to some orchestral stuff like ES Posthumus (epic). Some soundtrack stuff like the terminator theme (for u MMA fans u guys gotta watch the hype video for Cro Cop vs Fedor in 2005, epic vid) The songs from the Last of the Mohicans have some great orchestral stuff too. Some russian folk/pop/orchestral like ERA. The rap I do listen to is Tupac (and his alias work Makaveli) and this dude named XV (look him up, he has some good songs and not a lot of pop culture zombies know about him). Also have some Bheethoven on my ipod lol.( I use to know how to play some of Fur Elise on piano). Lately I have been listening to Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. and no Pantera is not a shitty band. Pantera's my fav right now for playing guitar but when i actually sit down aand listen to music i dont listen to them all that much.
Quote by the_white_bunny
yeah to all the kids who are like
"teh Rapz suk"

listen to real rap not that shit thats on the radio.

dr.dre google him and learn things.

and Tupac (his Makaveli stuff too) and Biggie. XV is new but not popular yet but good. Tech N9ne.

Its the hip hop culture and most of the mindless idiots that listen to rap that piss me off, i realize that there is alot of rap that is good and enjoyable.
Quote by institutions
But you have to admit, when MF DOOM used the outro strings part of The Beatles' Glass Onion, it was pretty freaking cool.

OT: I agree.

Haven't heard it, ill look it up tho
next time someone asks
you just say
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
that dog knows whats up.

hes like "nah clapton can drink my piss."
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I love threads like this. Booo freakin' hoo, so people don't listen to the same kind of music as you and haven't heard of an artist you like. Why should you care so much?
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendercopyuser

My horizons are broadened. I listen to the Rolling Stones, Abunch of classic rock, Satriani, Vai, Petrucci, Gilber. I also listen to some orchestral stuff like ES Posthumus (epic). Some soundtrack stuff like the terminator theme (for u MMA fans u guys gotta watch the hype video for Cro Cop vs Fedor in 2005, epic vid) The songs from the Last of the Mohicans have some great orchestral stuff too. Some russian folk/pop/orchestral like ERA. The rap I do listen to is Tupac (and his alias work Makaveli) and this dude named XV (look him up, he has some good songs and not a lot of pop culture zombies know about him). Also have some Bheethoven on my ipod lol.( I use to know how to play some of Fur Elise on piano). Lately I have been listening to Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam. and no Pantera is not a shitty band. Pantera's my fav right now for playing guitar but when i actually sit down aand listen to music i dont listen to them all that much.

lol
There's plenty of good rap out there:
"To the Hip, to the Hop, to the hip hip hop." would be one example.
And current techno/synthepop has ruined pop's image. There is/was plenty of good pop.
1/2 of the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Billy Joel, Elton John, MICHAEL JACKSON, and John Mayer. That's pop, but still great, great music. Kids these days, most of my friends included need to learn what real talent it.
Eric Clapton is one of the prime examples of real talent.
So you tell 'em.
Keep a few copies of Disraeli Gears or Wheels of Fire on you when you where that shirt. That'll do the trick.
Quote by BrainDamage
I love threads like this. Booo freakin' hoo, so people don't listen to the same kind of music as you and haven't heard of an artist you like. Why should you care so much?

everyone should listen to exact same music as I listen too otherwise they will suffer in the Rapture (whenever Harold Camping finally gets it right) because Im God.
Quote by jetfuel495
I entered this thread expecting a mild laugh.

I was wrong. This thread is terrible.