hey guys im looking for a new metal amp that i can use for my band AND for at home, so it needs to sound good at lower volumes too. Ive narrowed it down to a powerball, jvm410h or a 6505 and as there are no shops that store these near me, i cant really try em out. Im going for the kinda cob trivium metalcory heavy tone and my price range is between £800 - £1300 just for the head, in case any one has any other suggestions. For people who have any of these amps, do they still produce a good strong gainy tone at lower volumes and would it be worth investing in a maxon 0d808? thanks
ENGL.

Low and high volume.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
what dyu reckons the best cab for an engl, i can go up to £500 and i would prefer a 2x12 but a 4x12 is also an option
Orange Closed back 212 or ENGL Pro212

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah i would say the engl would sound best at low volumes out of those 3. Obviously you have to like the powerball's tone, of course, certainly the older v1 version sounded very, very tight and modern.

It has tons of gain. I guess a tubescreamer wouldn't hurt (you may prefer the tone boosted even if you have to turn down the amp's gain a bit), but there's no need to go up to the price of a maxon if you're only boosting... even something like an american od by tonerider (£50) should do pretty well. It's allegedly a ts9 clone, and true bypass. I haven't tried it, but I have a couple of their other pedals and am very impressed by how good they are for the money- I see no reason why the od wouldn't be similarly nice, and all I've heard about it supports that theory.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
We all know how 6505s sound loud. AWESOME.

Quiet?

http://soundcloud.com/joneh/unholy-confessions

Thats a 6505+ with a few pedals (see the description). The volume of the amp was 1, and a Volume pedal which I use in the FX loop as a master volume was 4/10 so relatively quiet.

The clip is double tracked.