hey guys,

been doing some research on some good amp haeds for metal and came across the madison divinity heads, but i can't find a website dedicated to 'em or anything...moreover i can't find them for sale...anyone know where to look?

thanks
Quote by rayven1lk
hey guys,

been doing some research on some good amp haeds for metal and came across the madison divinity heads, but i can't find a website dedicated to 'em or anything...moreover i can't find them for sale...anyone know where to look?

thanks

Well they went out of business....So you wont find one from their site...

There is one at a guitar shop near my house. Way over priced for what that amp does. For that money you can buy an orange Rockerverb or something much better for metal.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
I believe the company folded.

Either way, I heard a great many bad things about their reliability/durability, such as internal amp components being held down with tape and so on. That, and the Divinity heads aren't really as great as you might think. They're based off the Marshall TSL amps, so take a listen to one of those and see if you like it. Lots of people don't.

For what you pay for a Madison, you could get a 6505 and get great tones.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
My friend has the Madison Divinity II half stack that he got for $900 I believe. He also has a 6505+ and they're two entirely different amps for the price you pay.

The Divinity is one of the chunkiest amps I've played, which is good or bad depending on what you want. The clean tones on it are very impressive for a "metal" amplifier. The Lead channel is also very good but has its own flavor which may take time to get used to. You can definitely nail Tool's guitar tone spot on with the head, if I had to compare it to any band.

Also, my friend never took his to a tech to get checked out and it does run at relatively hot temperatures that make the exhaust grill on top pretty damn hot. I think his has Ruby tubes in it as well.

tl;dr - Chunky distortion, sparkly cleans, unique EQ and tone, relatively impressive for the price.
Madison had a pretty bad reputation for some dodgy shenanigans and QC if i remember correctly hence why they went bust. Sounded good enough though from the clips i've heard.
I never liked them overpriced and unreliable.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The weird thing about Madison was that they always touted how much care and effort went into the construction of their cabinets, but said very little about the construction of their amplifiers. The cabinets were made by a small group of people in the U.S.A., while the amplifiers had no markings on them indicating where they were made. I believe the components were just thrown together somewhere (probably China) and the amps branded with the Madison logo.

But as others have pointed out, they had a bad reputation and the company folded a few years ago. Even if they were still around, you could do better.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I've never heard one or played one, all I know is that a friend of mine was in a band who was sponsored by them and after awhile they just gave up after having so many problems. Apparently they ended up borrowing other guys amps half the time.
I think they were designed to look evil and turned out to be genuinely evil - to their owners.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I live in Quebec and for some reason every single metal band ive gigged with have had Madison....
I dont know , like its been said you could get better for the money , they do look awesome though and im told are some how easily customizable with lights and those shananagiannsss
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror