Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Axl Rapture series of amps - I've heard that their guitars suck, but the amps are pretty solid. Just wanted to know what anyone has heard?

I'm going to be investing in a 2x8, 2x10 or 2x12 solid state combo sometime in the near future (for as cheap as possible) and I'm just looking over all my options.

I can't find a review on these amps anywhere, but found a few recordings on YouTube using this amp, and they sound pretty decent. Any thoughts?
They'll be crap... dont bother
go for a modeller like a vypyr or something if you are on a budget.
Quote by coolstoryangus
They'll be crap... dont bother
go for a modeller like a vypyr or something if you are on a budget.

I'm not really fond of modeling amps. I've owned several. I have several low watt tube amps, have owned several solid states but right now find myself with just a Vox Pathfinder 15R that isn't really mine - more borrowed. I specifically need a solid state that is not a modeler, but would be nice to have at least reverb, and chorus would be a nice bonus, an effects loop and a clean and distortion channel.

Do you actually have any experience with the Axl Rapture amps or are you just making the comment out of hand? I have heard their amps are actually pretty nice - they have some tube amps that are supposedly killer metal amps, too...
Well they own the VHT brand name which fryette used to operate under which are kick ass metal amps... but those are fryettes now and the new vhts now are just cheap low watt tube amp deals. They're pretty cool for the price and for modding but they're no fryette.
Oh, I didn't know that - the tube amps I was referring to are the Medway and Akita's...they aren't super high dollar by any means, but I've heard really good things about them.

I've actually heard awesome things about the VHT Special 6 Ultra, too, but I haven't got a chance to check it out yet.