I've done a bit of searching, and research on this, but more questions come to mind.

Firstly, "My name's Andrew, and I'm a Mesa owner now."

I just purchased a Mesa Dual Rectifier 3 Channel Solo Head on eBay for $1100.00 USD. I bought it not to replace my Peavey 6505 212, but to compliment it, maybe do some tone blending in my recordings.

I'm on the hunt for a suitable 2x12 cabinet for the Mesa. I've heard mixed reviews by just about any brand, which is understandable, but unfortunately nothing points me in any one direction.

I know speakers will play a large part in the sound, and one thing I like about my current guitar tone with the 6505 is the amount of mids I can bring out of it. I'm not a fan of that huge schooped sound. The Sheffield speakers in the Peavey though aren't anything to write home about. I could replace them with others, but if I ever wanted to sell it, I'd still end up having to purchase another cab.

I'm looking for a quality 2x12 cabinet with speakers that can tame the low end bass response that Dual Recs are notorious for, not take away any of the mid frequencies as I believe they're invaluable to a great tone, but not be harsh on the high end.

I've looked up Mesa Traditionals, RoadKings, Oversized's, Orange PPC212, Avatar, Vader is a bit much of 'teh br00talz' according to their artists page, Marshalls but there are so many models that I don't know where to begin looking at serious options for 2x12s from them. Any other brands or of these that can do what I ask?

Cost isn't really a factor. I've learned most of the time you have to pay for quality, and I've come to reason with that.

I'm not playing out yet, but this amp will be gigged with. Also, this may not be a factor, or an option in 2x12's but what's the difference in mono and stereo in the projection of sound?

Thanks guys,
Andrew
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
You could look into Emperor, Port City, or Mills Acoustic cabinets. These three companies are among the best in the business in terms of guitar speaker cabs, and they're all custom builders.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So let me get this straight.. you have a mesa recto and a 5150 and you're put off by the "br00tz" of vader
Quote by coolstoryangus
So let me get this straight.. you have a mesa recto and a 5150 and you're put off by the "br00tz" of vader

I like that comfort in knowing that I can get really nice tones on my 6505 with the preamp gain no higher than 4, so If I need something that calls for more, I have loads more of gain on tap.

The massive amounts of gain isn't what brings me to Mesa, but rather how that gain sounds in comparison to other amps, if that makes sense.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
^ Finally, somebody that isn't all about

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I like that comfort in knowing that I can get really nice tones on my 6505 with the preamp gain no higher than 4, so If I need something that calls for more, I have loads more of gain on tap.

The massive amounts of gain isn't what brings me to Mesa, but rather how that gain sounds in comparison to other amps, if that makes sense.

Fair enough.

I'd personally just go with a mesa 2x12. They're great cabs that work great with the mesa heads and they match
Quote by Raijouta
You could look into Emperor, Port City, or Mills Acoustic cabinets. These three companies are among the best in the business in terms of guitar speaker cabs, and they're all custom builders.

Thank you. In terms of speakers, do you know of any off hand that are similar to what I described?

I'm leaning towards the V30's, because they leave the mids alone, are bright, and not muddy up the sound, but I hear they're a one trick pony. Whereas the C90's are a different flavor altogether.

Speaker configurations really are a dilemma in and of their own right.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
C90s arent as tight as V30s, i run 2 of them in my 4x12 and they have the tendancy to sound thinner. Imo its C90 < V30 < K100
if you have the cash get a Mesa cab, they're very well made and sound great. usually have V30s in them which is good for the high gain stuff and from my experience of them in my Marshall 1936V cab they sound great with my 3 channel Dual Rec
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.